Reefers Doing Good!! Tell us some good stuff so we can celebrate and maybe even get inspired!

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished fostering this boy! He was 140lbs when we got him, and was just adopted at 105. Still some more to lose but he’s headed in the right direction!

053F0AE1-5867-4F97-8399-3D60A46C928D.jpeg

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week social distanced soccer starts.. and with it my volunteer youth coaching. It will be good to be on the field with the kids but I would be lying if I didn’t say I am worried we are starting too soon..

Reef Box

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a couple clowns through qt and copper for a friend of mine. He wanted to start off on the right foot. Also helping him learn how to setup and qt his next fish

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling with algae ever since I started my tank (2.5 yrs ago). At times I wanted to just give up and take the tank down. I recently posted an issue that I was having with my tank. The entire reefing community stepped up with a bunch of different solutions to try. The main problem was having algae issues and lowering phosphates. From there spun off another problem with not EVER being able to keep an invert alive in the 2.5 years that I've owned my tank. We determined through trial and error that I had 30 volts running through my tank at any given moment. With the help of other fellow refers my current voltage in my tank is at .02. I finally have a CUC that is alive and thriving and all of the algae in my tank is almost completely gone and my phosphates are slowly lowering. Solving 1 problem was able to fix several different issues with my tank and everyone stepped up to help me.

Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still relatively new in reefing so the best “good” I can do right now is help LFS’s during this crisis and to welcome new R2R members...
But I would like to recognize @revhtree for doing good through his ministry and this reffing community!
78AA5A96-8F25-48B8-82F7-B448DF0FD3CC.gif

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is inspirational

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I staring feeding the homeless in Florida 6 years ago this coming August. In that time we went from feeding 20 people a week to now feeding the homeless and low-income (Meals and groceries) to about 1,500 per week and now with Covid19 about 2,500 - 3,000 any given week. We made what we do into a nonprofit and it has grown consistently every month. We love doing this, but to make it happen we both work other jobs, she works as a manager at an insurance company and I was windows and clean gutters.

If you are in Pasco Florida and want to help PM me we need volunteers every week.

scottkoji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure this has been brought up many times but if you haven’t seen Chasing Coral, you NEED to! It’s incredible. I think we, as reefers, need to have a better understanding of what’s happening in the world around us and in the oceans and reefs we are attempting to recreate. These guys, some of them reefers themselves, are doing a whole lot of good for this planet and more people need to know about it!

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 3 weeks new to reefing and boy is there a learning curve, far more hands on then a fresh water system. For about 10 years now i have wanted a saltwater tank i just never had the time due to my job, family life and a busy life in general. When I started I had alot of questions so I searched and found reef2reef and another local reef club. After posting questions and getting quite a bit of mixed comments which was confusing, 2 reeferes PM me and sort of took me under their wing and have been mentoring me ever since. We FB msg almost everyday ensuring I have a successful reef tank and I feel it is paying off, and I appreciate their time, insight, comments and input. I want to continue making positive progress and one day with experience I can help out a new reefer and be a mentor to them. I appreciate all those that have helped and have taken the time to answer my questions with "real" solutions to my issues. This is a great community and I would like to be more involved in this. Thank you

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's too many people that take time to assist me and others everyday to list just one person. The reef2reef community as a whole has really stepped up to assist. It's a wonderful community to which I love to be associated.

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been passing on the reefing experience to my kids, family, and friends. Take any opportunity I can to teach them about the various inhabitants, etc.

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A young kid opened a reefing store right before the lock down started. I have bought a ton of stuff I don't need but is nice to have hoping he can survive this. When i finally was able to get a haircut i left the girl who cuts my hair a tip big enough that she asked if I made a mistake. Every expectant mother who is scheduled for a c-section or induction must be tested for covid 19. Even though OB and ER don't generally get along i offered to go out to the front drive and swab them in their car so they don't have to enter the hospital prior to delivery.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back