Reefers Doing Good!! Tell us some good stuff so we can celebrate and maybe even get inspired!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when my tank is healthy and corals are growing, I often trade in frags to my LFS. If I knew other SW hobbyists, then I would absolutely trade and give to them as well. I'm part of Reef2Reef and try to help out as many people as possible, so I guess you could count that. If I win this contest, I'll most likely give the tank to my sister, if she wants it, as I don't really have much space for it and she's been in dire need of an upgrade.
And while not reef related, every year (but not this year due in part to kung-flu) I help out at my church's vacation bible school, my team runs the carnival at the end lol It's fun.
Thank you Reef2Reef for hosting this giveaway, and even more thanks RedSea for giving the tank up in the first place! No matter who gets it, we'll all be grateful.
God bless!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We see so much nasty stuff out in the media right now that it is nice to see the positives of even the smallest things you do for others or yourself. The little things matter as well as the big. Sometimes all you have is the little and that is enough.
Well done my fellow reef keepers!

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We see so much nasty stuff out in the media right now that it is nice to see the positives of even the smallest things you do for others or yourself. The little things matter as well as the big. Sometimes all you have is the little and that is enough.
Well done my fellow reef keepers!
Very true, agreed.

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some reefers friends help to clean the beaches of plastic waste that make the environment dangerous for our fish friends and not only

JohnnyEngle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started my own hobby related instagram for Reefing and freshwater tanks that I own. This allows me to keep track of progress of my own tanks while sharing my experiences and reviews of new products and give tips and tricks ive learned along the way. Johnnys_aquatic_view

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got introduced to a local Reefer, we got to talking and we are going to swap some corals to help each other out, as finding corals locally has been absolutely hard for years, and especially hard in my geographic location. Thank you to my new local Reefer buddy, hopefully this is a long and prosperous relationship.

russval115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a freshwater aquarist looking to get into my first reef tank. Doing research and collecting equipment (while saving up money to pay for it all). I am developing a curriculum to teach homeschool students Biology using aquariums. I am an online Biology teacher and love using my aquariums as illustrations for scientific principles.

brienspier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the biggest service we can do to the community in this time is to stay home and play with your tank.

Tools like we have here with r2r allows us to have questions answered that us newbies can’t just go to lfs anymore to ask questions.

I’ve been testing parameters frequently and doing regular water changes since human qt started. Stay home and stay safe with our fish friends!

jackman75deepblue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up my 75 gallon tank and it has to be one of the best decisions Ive made!! Love the reefing community it is full of generous and helpful people. Luckily i have worked at a LFS for well over a year now so I educated Myself for about 8 months before i even started my first nano tank in February so i could walk into starting the 75 with little worries.

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helped setup a new tank (Freshwater as that is what I currently know) for a friend. Helped educate them on the Nitrogen cycle and stuff I learned along the way. Might give a small reef tank to my kid's school science dept but not 100% decided.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It has been my philosophy that if I can help at least one new person a day learn something or get out of a catastrophe, I would be happy. Never dreamed it would be at least a dozen a day but it pleases me to do such.
Knowledge is power but also meant to be shared !

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone from Craigslist gave me a free coral pack to help me get started. I knocked on his door for a Monti and left with that Monti and I think 5 other frags.

anddak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to hijack the thread for the sake of an entry for the Red Sea competition if that's ok :)

So it's not related to reef keeping, but definitely related to coral reefs: I am volunteering for a company that is currently building an ontology software to help people with certain interests around the world understand the effect and seriousness of climate change. It's one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done, and I've done a few things in my life :).

BobT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to only purchase tank raised livestock and corals and spend as much as possible supporting LFS's

R.Weller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife & I are co-founders of a Fund that provides infant wellness education materials & bereavement support to all families at a community hospital outside Kansas City, MO. It's a privilege & a gift to offer something back to our community.

More here:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back