Reefers Doing Good!! Tell us some good stuff so we can celebrate and maybe even get inspired!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the designated person that goes into our office 2x a week to handle all the incoming and outgoing mail while everyone else "works" at home. Oh and i test every week, i don't chase #s, I do a 10% water change weekly and i keep my hands out of the tank.

budget buster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am suppose to post something to help my fellow reefers. Here it is. My advice is to never buy SB reef lights. They are a great light as long as you never have a problem, which I did in the first year of owning. When you do get someone to answer their phone they say that thry are going to help you or that someone will call you back, but it never happens. Don't bother to leave a message or email because they will never reply. Worst customer service in the hobby.

Last edited:

Drizzieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since I've gotten back into reefing from taking a hiatus previously for a good 5 years I quickly jumped in once I had time and since then have gotten plenty of friends into the hobby as well. As an incentive for once they got into the hobby I've started each and every one of them with corals of all kinds. This encouraged them to help other people get into the hobby and enjoy it just as much as I have. Nothing beats smiles on people's faces from whatever the excitement is. For me giving away coral to friends has been plenty enough for me to enjoy! :)

adromero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post is non-reefing related:
I am currently assisting during the COVID crisis by handing out lunches to homeless people. We deliver lunches directly to where we the people are living. I have been given this assignment by my employer.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing tons of research while setting up my tank, and investing in high quality equipment. I think that's good!

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so grateful to zoanthids.com for choosing me as a winner to their last giveaway. This was a large amount of money that is allowing me to obtain some zoa's that I probably never would have obtained, otherwise.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to toot my own horn, but want to give a shout out for @revhtree's annual Toys for kids drive. Talk about a good thing! (takes a lot of time and effort) I have and will continue to contribute as long as it's there for us to participate.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to go into my wife’s preschool classroom and would do a whole ocean theme week. Did everything from touch tank with urchins and starfish and even dissected a shark. Most of them loved the shark but some couldn’t do it. Most of these kids would know what the ampullae of Lorenzini were and would go around telling everyone it was the best! They also had a biocube in the class room ran by one of the parents (fish and inverts only).

OwduaNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to thank all of the local fish stores and the online supply stores that have continued to support all of us in this hobby. Setting up my reef tank has been a big part of helping me adapt to these crazy times.

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever someone comes over my house and is a reefer, I throw in a Frag of whatever I have that is extra. I also help others local Reefers with their apex set up and get them going so they can get more control on their tanks.

Japajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I've learned is that the reefing community is one of the best groups of people around! In a recent thread, some of you shared ideas about what you would be willing to do for a Red Sea system, and I was encouraged to see a lot of you talking about doing really cool stuff around your community. Some of you mentioned starting reef tanks for schools, some mentioned other types of volunteering in your community, others mentioned taking steps for reef conservation or other environmental work, still others talked about helping new hobbyists...and I just got to thinking about all the good stuff that reefers do. So... as a way to inspire and encourage one another, let's share good stuff reefers are doing! I'd love for you to share good stuff your doing in your community (reef-related or not) and/or stuff you know others are doing.

I think that this thread could be a very encouraging thing to read about good stuff people are doing in the world right now!
I know an aquarist in Colorado is breeding different types of goodeids, most of which are either critically endangered or extinct in the wild.

I luv fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only LFS is PetCo, so when we need fish and supplies, we load up and drive three hours to support a former co-worker who has a reef store.

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in this hobby for years now and I've struggled with sps. Well I recently moved to Tampa and one of the lfs has been nothing but helpful with everything from getting it ready for sps and fish selection!

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try my hardest to make all decisions with kindness in mind.... regardless of whether they are decisions regarding my reef tank, my family, or the world :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back