Reefers Doing Good!! Tell us some good stuff so we can celebrate and maybe even get inspired!

PBLRDom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been cooking meals and taking them to a women’s shelter not far from home for a few weeks now. They are low on supplies, funds and resources. When I asked how I could help they asked for food. I make 10-15 full dinner meals one or twice a week and coordinate dropping them off.
They do great work.

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a reef tank, sump, and all equipment / supplies for the next year from a total stranger. 200+ gallons. "Basically, you just buy the corals," he told me, "and the rest is a gift." Not only did he give me a GREAT price on the corals, but he then arranged with a fellow reefer to hold my livestock for two weeks while my tank resets. He also arranged and paid for a team of 7 professionals to dissemble, transport, and reset up the tank in our home. In addition, he added nearly a year's worth of supplies. AND connected me to a professional reefer in our city as a contact for future advice. I don't know how to adequately thank him!

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have given away the bulk of my freshwater stuff to other reefers.. one in particular making a new start.

I clean up parts of the local lake shoreline from those that might not think to do so.

I recently stopped but, used to volunteer to fix things in peoples homes that were unable to or couldnt afford to.. Little fixits..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back