Reefers in NWA?

Michael Darling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to get back in the game. It’s really is interesting to find so little support from clubs or groups in NWA. They just don’t exist from what I’ve seen. Also, the resource options for tank, equipment and live stock is next to non existent in NWA. No options.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you located?

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this up brand new from worlds under water in Fayetteville for $600. It's a Planet Aquarium 100 gallon tank and stand. It replaced my 55 I had for the kids upstairs.
FF1DFA65-EA04-416E-B559-31F8A59FA4FD.jpeg

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this up brand new from worlds under water in Fayetteville for $600. It's a Planet Aquarium 100 gallon tank and stand. It replaced my 55 I had for the kids upstairs.
FF1DFA65-EA04-416E-B559-31F8A59FA4FD.jpeg

I picked up a planet aquarium flyer from the fish at Monroe 2 days ago and I loved the new crystalline tanks but the price tag not so much.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are awesome. Brandon the owner will order just about anything you want or need.
A8783427-F911-493E-97EA-EEFA1E60095A.png

Michael Darling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to this shop once and nothing against the shop but I was really underwhelmed. It just didn’t impress me. I shopped a shop in Rogers along time ago when I had a tank and that shop was impressive to me and I really liked the owner. I do see many reviews with positive things to say about Worlds Under Water. I just failed to see it on my visit.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the freshwater auctions have hidden gems. I picked up 80 pounds of live rock for 20 bucks there. I do love WUW and drive 30 minutes to shop there. All the other stores are disease filled or tiny. (Like smaller than world under water).

Pappy147

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in nwa. New to the hobby and WuW has been awesome with me. Very patient and willing to help and answer all my questions

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in nwa. New to the hobby and WuW has been awesome with me. Very patient and willing to help and answer all my questions
Brandon and his team are awesome!!! That’s the only place I get livestock from!

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy! Glad to have another reefer here. If you ever go to WUW Fridays or Saturdays I will probably be there. All the staff there is outstanding and they have wonderful livestock.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once my tank recovers a bit more I plan to stop by WUW and pick up a thorny red starfish. After seeing my brother in law with one, I'd like one too.

Pappy147

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m excited to get some live stock. Tanks been set up two weeks now and did the first water change! Any suggestions or tips for me?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m excited to get some live stock. Tanks been set up two weeks now and did the first water change! Any suggestions or tips for me?

I generally like to run what is called a digestion test for a new and just cycled tank. I'll take a known concentration of ammonium chloride and put it in to the tank. Depending on how much ammonium chloride is consumed in 24 hours, really tells me how much I can stock immediately.

A new tank that can easily consume 4 ppm ammonia in one day, can stock bigger fish/coral or more of them at once than a tank that can only consume 0.25 ppm ammonia a day. However, if your not confident yet, always stock slowly. Just cause folks see me do crazy things and it works, doesn't mean it's because it's easy. lol. I just have a better grasp of the science behind the hobby so I can bend the traditional rules a bit.

Your tank is cycled either way but the tank with 4 ppm ammonia consumption has far many more times of bacteria.

If your not sure how to interpret the numbers, just make sure that ammonia and nitrite read zero. If you have organisms to consume nitrate which is the end product of the cycle, you may see very little or none at all. However, in newer tanks, it's more likely you'll see some. I prefer to keep about 5-10 ppm nitrate at the beginning. If there is a bit more than that, I'll do an appropriate water change to bring it there.

Also the guys at WUW are pretty good too. Their tanks are a good testament of their skills/knowledge in the hobby.

oufanati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to kick up an old thread but is anyone still active around here? Getting my tank setup at the end of the month by WUW.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back