OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we dont need an official forum to meet up. :p :p Personally my schedules kinda hectic til after the holidays...but id love to host one in january...

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we dont need an official forum to meet up. :p :p Personally my schedules kinda hectic til after the holidays...but id love to host one in january...
I agree, I think most people will be busy for the next few weeks, it will be nice to have our own forum just so we can add members and make a solid group of people

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the busyness, after the holidays should def get some goons together. Might cut up some frags now for the gracious host. Hey reef lover, any LPS or Z/P’s that you’ve had your eyes on lately?

OP
OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the busyness, after the holidays should def get some goons together. Might cut up some frags now for the gracious host. Hey reef lover, any LPS or Z/P’s that you’ve had your eyes on lately?

I love all zoas! Love lps too but they dont love me...:( ;)

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all zoas! Love lps too but they dont love me...:( ;)
They’re actually just starting to tolerate me actually lol, had some rough times myself for the first year or so w the stony’s. I’ll bring u one from when I started, if they survived all my bafoonery then they should do just fine w you.

OP
OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet!
I had quite the nice collection of lps including one lobo i grew from 2 to 16 heads...but then the great squamosa spawning event of spring 2019 happened and i lost just about everything but my softies...:( including my clams....:(
Turned my tank to clam soup and i wasnt ready for it....

Dr. Bull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a bit east of Utica and operate a small coral farm. I would be very interested in getting involved since there are no reef clubs in the local area. If anyone is interested in dropping by send me a PM to setup an appointment. I am typically available on the weekends.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet!
I had quite the nice collection of lps including one lobo i grew from 2 to 16 heads...but then the great squamosa spawning event of spring 2019 happened and i lost just about everything but my softies...:( including my clams....:(
Turned my tank to clam soup and i wasnt ready for it....
Jeez, getting some randy clam is usually a good thing. Sorry to hear, lost a clam myself earlier this year. Mine wasn’t lost to a sex crime though, just a dumb owner. Glad to hear your tanks coming back, such a good feeling to see happy critters again.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a bit east of Utica and operate a small coral farm. I would be very interested in getting involved since there are no reef clubs in the local area. If anyone is interested in dropping by send me a PM to setup an appointment. I am typically available on the weekends.
Sweet, hope to check it out sometime soon. Hope u know how awesome your job is.

Dr. Bull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, hope to check it out sometime soon. Hope u know how awesome your job is.

Awesome let me know. This is actually my retirement project! I have two other full time careers on top of this. However I really hope to transition into coral farming full time within the next 15 years =)

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome let me know. This is actually my retirement project! I have two other full time careers on top of this. However I really hope to transition into coral farming full time within the next 15 years =)
I’ve just started my big boy job after lots of school, looking back I should have trusted my gut and continued working w animals like I always had. Can’t complaint too much, but it’s just not what I’d do every day if money wasn’t an option. Good luck, and we need more hard workers like you. My generation is soft.

Dr. Bull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just started my big boy job after lots of school, looking back I should have trusted my gut and continued working w animals like I always had. Can’t complaint too much, but it’s just not what I’d do every day if money wasn’t an option. Good luck, and we need more hard workers like you. My generation is soft.

Gratz on starting the new job! I started in marine biology then ended up moving to the dark side of computer science after seeing the lack of jobs in the marine bio field. After finishing a PHD in CS a few years ago I decided to start circling back to my roots.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gratz on starting the new job! I started in marine biology then ended up moving to the dark side of computer science after seeing the lack of jobs in the marine bio field. After finishing a PHD in CS a few years ago I decided to start circling back to my roots.
You definitely made the sane, calculated decision. That being said, I’m sure we both have the same regrets abt not pursuing the thing we would’ve obviously been more fulfilled in spirit doing. Oh well, once I pay off these insane loans I’m off to the South Pacific.

Back