ReefHacks | Investigating Salifert and Hanna Water Test Kits for Accuracy – Lab Results

Discussion in 'ReefHacks' started by Berlibee, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Berlibee

Berlibee ReefHacks Team R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Registering_Water_Sample.jpg

Investigating Salifert and Hanna Water Test Kits for Accuracy – Lab Results

When it comes to your tank, almost every decision is based on personal preference. From its size to its inhabitants, you’re the master of this underwater world. When it comes to tank water test kits, some hobbyists feel their brand is the absolute best.

If you spend any time on aquarium care discussion forums, it’s clear some test kits are more popular than others. Because of the sheer number of kit options, designating one product superior over the rest is pretty subjective. As avid members of several forums, we can’t tell you how many threads were started by someone looking for the best kit.

Although there are some leading brands, in most cases the best comes down to personal preference. To help bring clarity to this often murky discussion, we must consider test accuracy and availability.

Click Here to Continue Reading ...

2. Staggs

Staggs Well-Known Member

I was just reading your article and I use the same stuff to test (sometimes I just use red sea po4 pro kit too). But I was curious about your ALK test since Salifert matched up really close to the ATI test. Do you typically wait until the water turns pink to get your reading, or do you take the reading when when you notice the blue turning a different color shade?

Berlibee likes this.
  3. Berlibee

This is a good question! I get the reading 1 drop after I notice the blue turning a different color shade. ;) Does it make sense?

4. Staggs

Staggs Well-Known Member

Yep! Makes total sense to me, thanks! That is kinda what I figured but was curious since your reading matched up so well with ATI's testing.

Berlibee likes this.
  5. Berlibee

You're welcome! We did two ICP tests to check the right color change. ;)