ReeFi Duo Extreme LED unboxing and first impressions

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.... just got them put up this morning..
lights 3.jpg
lights 2.jpg

Did you start with the LPS Program? That’s what I started with for now, interesting part is my clam and acans are sitting in the same PAR as they were under the G5’s but not nearly as extended since changing lights.Like anything in this hobby I’ll give them time. Acro and monti color and extension has been great, 0 issues with them

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Dani,
I will be starting a 300+ gallon custom tank this summer, measuring 96”L x 32” Wide x 24” High. This tank will host a few LPS, but will be dominated by SPS corals. I have spent several weeks studying and agonizing over various lighting configurations and finally settled on the 6 GHL Mitras 7206’s (I want no shadowing). I am attracted to the Mitras for the uniformity of their spread, minimal disco effect, don’t require any diffuser, have excellent par values and users of them rave about the quality/dependability of the German engineering. I was literally only a day or two away from ordering the Mitras, when I came across your lights on Reef2Reef and started reading everything I could on the ReeFi Dou Extreme LED’s. So now I’ve paused my purchase until I can learn more about your product. I do have a few questions: (1) Do you have future plans to support controllers like GHL? One of the attractions of going with the Mitras is their full integration with the GHL controller system. Basked on all the components I’m buying, I’ll be able to do everything from one application. (2) How do multiple lights work together? Is their a master/slave relationship between the lights? And do they daisy chain together via a wire or do they all sync together via WiFi connection? (3) For a tank my size (see measurements above) how may lights do you recommenced and do you suggest hanging them with the length ”front to back”, given the width of my tank? (4) I plan on hanging my lights with hanging wire kit (included with Mitras). Do your lights come with hanging wire kits included? Thank you for your time and congrats on the roll-out of what appears to be a real winning light in an already highly competitive Reef LED market.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your 300+ gal custom tank!

1) ReeFi Duo Extremes have built in controller and scheduler. However, if you need to manually override ReeFi's controller with your other controller, this can be done if your other controller have wifi and can send TCPIP cmds. For example if your controller detected ALK over set range or aquarium temp is too high, it can send a tcpip cmd to ReeFi to shut off the lights. I can provide the tcpip cmd API.

2) Multiple lights can be group together under Group Setup. Once all your lights have been setup to connect to your home WiFi network, you can goto Group Setup under anyone of the ReeFi lights and scan for other ReeFi lights. Then assign an aquarium number to the ReeFi lights. To control all lights under say Aquarium 1, you'll just click on Aquarium 1 in the menu, then make any changes and save. This will save the settings to all lights grouped under Aquarium 1. Even when lights are grouped, you can still control each one individually if you wish by selecting the individual ReeFi Lights under Aquarium 1 in the menu.

3) For you tank, I recommend 5 or 6 ReeFi Duo Extremes mounted perpendicular to your tank length, evenly spread, and mounted 11"-14" above the water.

4) Yes, ReeFi Duo Extremes also comes with wire hanging kit. However, if you hang a 2040 or 1515 aluminum rail over you tank, I also sell 2040/1515 slide-on adaptors for ReeFi. This way you can slide the lights around easily if you need to.

Thank you for considering ReeFi Duo Extremes. Let me know if there's anything I can help answer. FYI, I've extended the ReeFiLove promo ($100 off ea) since all the national shows I was planning to exhibit in 2020 have now be cancelled or postponed.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dani,
Thanks for all the good information here. Would you happen to have an examples (pictures ) of 2040 or 1515 railing mounting with your life’s. I’m trying to imagine in my mind what that would actually look like and how it would function. Many thanks....now I just have to take the big decision. Dana

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dani,
FIrst off, great display tand! So looking forward to having a mature tank someday! Also having pics always help to imagine the-art-of-the possible, so thanks for taking the time to share with me and others reading this thread. It looks like those lights are being spaced 12-14”?

jsweir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed direction on my main display from a 125 to a 240 6' x 2' x 30". Hoping I'll still be ok with 3 duo extremes with lps on bottom and sps mid/upper. They are in a hybrid fixture with four 5' t5s

jsweir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea how high to mount them on the 30" deep tank? Probably a mixed reef with lps towards the bottom, so not planning on blasting it with too much. 3 reefi duos and 4 T5s (5 ft)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally plugged mine in today to update - server seems to be down. Anyone else having problems?
It's down for me too. There are all sorts of power outages right now in the Pacific Northwest because of fires and a windstorm, which could have knocked the website offline. I would check back in a few hours.

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally plugged mine in today to update - server seems to be down. Anyone else having problems?
It's down for me too. There are all sorts of power outages right now in the Pacific Northwest because of fires and a windstorm, which could have knocked the website offline. I would check back in a few hours.

Sorry guys.. ReeFi server is back online. Ironically, UPS failure caused interrupted power supply.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved and have a new WiFi.

anyone know how I can login to reefi controller?
I’m entering my LED IP on multiple divides and I can’t get on. Ty

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually an interesting question .
Since I've recently been playing w/ " like " programming the question is how to return to AP mode after you have configured to a home network.

One you no longer have in the above case.

In other words how do you clear the network settings when you no longer have THAT network?

Dooh...so it auto reverts to ap mode.
Then just start over.

Should have read it better..

Last edited by a moderator:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back