Reefi Duo or Uno for a 24"x20" SPS/Anemone tank?

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of upgrading my AI Hydra 52HD to a Reefi. The Hydra's whites are a little too harsh on the corals, but I really don't like the super blue look. The G5 Radion X15 Pro looks good too, but I'm really interested in getting the Reefi.

I can't find any specifications on the Reefi Uno vs. Duo in terms of spread.

I had a 24"x20"x20" tank, though I may upgrade to a 36" soon. I currently just have a couple of SPS, a small magnifica anemone (I've had it for 4+ years I think).

Any thoughts? Also, if I get the Reefi Duo, should I just get the Extreme?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of upgrading my AI Hydra 52HD to a Reefi. The Hydra's whites are a little too harsh on the corals, but I really don't like the super blue look. The G5 Radion X15 Pro looks good too, but I'm really interested in getting the Reefi.

I can't find any specifications on the Reefi Uno vs. Duo in terms of spread.

I had a 24"x20"x20" tank, though I may upgrade to a 36" soon. I currently just have a couple of SPS, a small magnifica anemone (I've had it for 4+ years I think).

Any thoughts? Also, if I get the Reefi Duo, should I just get the Extreme?
I have two Unos over a 30x20x16 display and they cover it very well. I’m not doing sps though so I’m not sure on what the best choice would be for that, probably the duo extreme though. Let’s tag Daniel at Reefi @danlu_gt and see if he can offer you a suggestion or some specs.

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Unos over a 30x20x16 display and they cover it very well. I’m not doing sps though so I’m not sure on what the best choice would be for that, probably the duo extreme though. Let’s tag Daniel at Reefi @danlu_gt and see if he can offer you a suggestion or some specs.

I emailed Daniel through his site, and he got back to me and mentioned the Uno would work well. I think I'll go with that.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s pretty responsive. He even met up with me at an LFS in our area to give me my lights. Saved him the shipping and me the wear and tear of package delivery so win/win.
I had one XR15 gen 4 over my tank and I had shadowing with the 30” width. I can see how one Uno will cover a 24” wide tank, I think Dana Riddles review backs that up, and you can always add a second one later if you feel it’s needed.
Just noticed your in Albany. I used to live in El Cerrito.

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s pretty responsive. He even met up with me at an LFS in our area to give me my lights. Saved him the shipping and me the wear and tear of package delivery so win/win.
I had one XR15 gen 4 over my tank and I had shadowing with the 30” width. I can see how one Uno will cover a 24” wide tank, I think Dana Riddles review backs that up, and you can always add a second one later if you feel it’s needed.
Just noticed your in Albany. I used to live in El Cerrito.

Yeah I've been corresponding with him through email, he's great!

And what a small world!

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the Reefi Uno! I just replaced my Hydra 52HD with it, and other than the hanging points being a bit wide, it worked great.

Now I need to figure out how to set the LEDs. I don't know how to get a preview of the day, other than maybe changing the time manually?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back