Reefi uno 2.0 pro combined with Radion XR15??? Suggestions welcome

mnreefster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently upgrading my tank from a redsea 350 (73 gallon display) to a IM EXT 150 (150 gallon display). I am using Radion XR15 (Gen 4) x 2 currently and I would like to keep them and use them to supplement. Funny enough, I had pretty much decided to use 2 - AI blade grows to achieve that and bite the bullet on the price. That is no longer the case.... But I am curious what people thought of having a ReeFi uno 2.0 pro in the middle and keep my radion xr 15's on the side. Tank DIMS: 47.3” x 35.4” x 19.7”. Thoughts???

Main question is where the Reefi and Radions would need to be positioned while also considering the height on the Radions are only 8" above the water level. Also wondering if that is sufficient lighting (pretty sure it is) and what a good starting point is for wattage. Want to make sure I don't shock the coral when I make the transition this fall. Also looking at a mounting setup that is minimal as possible, though a mounting arm for each light would be well enough.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen a Reefi in the middle of two gen 5 xr30s. I couldn’t tell until he opened his hood. Match spectrum to your eye and then use a par meter or roughly match the watts output. Uno 2.0 with no reflectors has spread like the xr15 4th gen and xr30 5th gen had a baby. Then genetically modified them to be similar to captain America. I would think the 120 reflector would fit your needs perfect. One of the many great things on the unos is that you have 3 different spread options out of the box.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back