Reefi Uno help - Cant connect to WiFi

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hoping someone can help .. I cant get my Reefi UNO to connect to my home wifi. I am following the instructions and get to step 9 : Select home wifi and enter password then hit save. I am getting a "cant connect maybe wrong password" message. I am using the correct passwrod for my home wifi. I am 100% certain of it. Anyone else experince this before? and BTW I have tried using Chrome thats not working either. Thanks

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can help .. I cant get my Reefi UNO to connect to my home wifi. I am following the instructions and get to step 9 : Select home wifi and enter password then hit save. I am getting a "cant connect maybe wrong password" message. I am using the correct passwrod for my home wifi. I am 100% certain of it. Anyone else experince this before? and BTW I have tried using Chrome thats not working either. Thanks
Just reach out to Daniel on either the Reefi webpage or Facebook. I’m sure he can help you resolve the issues or determine if something is wrong. I have two Unos and they hook up to my home Wi-Fi without issue on the 2.4ghz band. Wish I could help you more but troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues is pretty much beyond my minimal technology skills.

OP
OP
L

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sent an email in. waiting for a reply... This morning the clock on the fixture was pretty close to actual time within a few minutes. sure enough the lamp came on and ran for about an hour then shut down at about 9am. I looked and it had reset itself to 2am on the lamp clock. I connected to the lamp and copied my browser time and it came back on and is following the program for now. I did this a couple of times yesterday and it randomly would shut itself down. Not sure whats going on. I have never had an issue like this before.

Does anyone know if there is a way to factory reset these lamps? I dont see a button or anything on the lamp itself.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I sent an email in. waiting for a reply... This morning the clock on the fixture was pretty close to actual time within a few minutes. sure enough the lamp came on and ran for about an hour then shut down at about 9am. I looked and it had reset itself to 2am on the lamp clock. I connected to the lamp and copied my browser time and it came back on and is following the program for now. I did this a couple of times yesterday and it randomly would shut itself down. Not sure whats going on. I have never had an issue like this before.

Does anyone know if there is a way to factory reset these lamps? I dont see a button or anything on the lamp itself.
Was this the one you bought from me?

never mind, couldn't be. You didn't get it until today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no . I had bought another one from a reefer on r2r. I cant connect either one of them to my router. I emailed Reefi a few days ago and its crickets. I think its because my router is 5g. Thas all i can figure. I am fine just connecting to the light. The only issue is that when the power flashes or you turn the light off it loses time and you have to go in and reset it. These lights are great but the software/interface is the worst Ive ever used on a piece of aquarium equipment.

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no . I had bought another one from a reefer on r2r. I cant connect either one of them to my router. I emailed Reefi a few days ago and its crickets. I think its because my router is 5g. Thas all i can figure. I am fine just connecting to the light. The only issue is that when the power flashes or you turn the light off it loses time and you have to go in and reset it. These lights are great but the software/interface is the worst Ive ever used on a piece of aquarium equipment.

That’s your issue. Go into your Wi-Fi settings and allow for 2.4 G broadcast. It’s good practice to connect low bandwidth demand devices, ie Alexa’s, Wi-Fi switches on 2.4G, and allow computers to use 5G.

yeah if you wanted an app based Ecotech dumbed down software, this isn’t for you. There’s a lot of control in the web interface, and you can do everything you need and then some. However there’s no reason to use the web app daily. Why increase the cost of already expensive lights with apps you’ll use occasionally?

why not use AP connect mode? It’s basically the same thing.

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you connected to the firture's Wi-Fi to manage them, or are they on your regular home network and you just connect to each one?

At first blush, it looks like the fixtures are not connected to the internet and cannot get their time via NTP (Network Time Protocol). Copying the local time from your browser should only be necessary if the light is not connected to the internet.

OP
OP
L

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. But they would reset sporadically to 2 am and restart their cycle based on it being that time and if the power flashed they would do the same. I tried contacting the owner/supplier but was never able to get a response.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. But they would reset sporadically to 2 am and restart their cycle based on it being that time and if the power flashed they would do the same. I tried contacting the owner/supplier but was never able to get a response.
That‘s too bad. I wonder why Daniel wouldn’t’ respond to you? I really liked my pair Unos as far as the look and the performance. I grew to not like the app though and have since moved on to the Neptune Sky which is much easier for me to deal with. Much more intuitive to program the Sky.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a duo and never had any issue connecting or using the app. I'm not a big app phone guy so I have little to compare it to.

My wifi is 2.4 and yes you're only going from your wifi to the unit.

I use firefox on my PC

I've never lost settings and everything has always been saved if the power goes off.

I know connection was your problem but here's a video for others on how to use it-----

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I just couldnt get them to connect and stay connected.

Did you ever try 2.4?

If your network is putting out one SSID for both a 5 and 2.4 then I would also split the bands.

Most aquarium stuff can’t use 5 and I know with other aquarium products, there are issues if the bands use same SSID. I have no idea if it is a problem with these lights but if other stuff has that issue.. it’s worth a shot.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back