Reefing Liquid: What's your favorite liquid in a bottle?

How many bottles of "reefing liquid" do you have? See the thread for more info!

• 0 (I think it's possible)

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • 1 - 5

Votes: 265 47.5%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 143 25.6%
  • 11 - 15

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • 16 - 20

Votes: 18 3.2%
  • 21 - 25

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • 25+ WHAT?!

Votes: 24 4.3%

• Total voters

SRQreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew masters retreat! We're not talking beverage here we're talking your favorite "liquid in a bottle" that you use in your ref aquarium for one reason or another!

If your anything like me you have a shelf or an aquarium stand full of colorful plastic bottles full of reefing juice that do one thing or another. Out of all those let's talk about what you like the best and what you use the most! So here we go!

1. What's your favorite "reefing liquid" that you use for your tank and what does it do?

Extra Credit: How many bottle of "reefing liquid" do you have in total?

additives.jpg
Huge fan of the new Reef Energy Plus. Been using it for a few months and am definitely seeing a marked improvement in growth, particularly in my acans and montipora!

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose zeovit so i have a ton of bottles.

POHL’S CORAL VITALIZER
CYANO CLEAN
ACROGLOW
CORAL SYSTEM 1-4
AMINO ACID CONCENTRATE
FLATWORM STOP
POHL’S XTRA CONCENTRATE
CORAL BOOSTER
CORAL SNOW
ZEOFOOD PLUS
ZEOBAK
ZEOSTART 3
ZEOMEDIA

JMR5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's not get all crazy when this counting thing. I'm hanging with the Reef Moonshiners system, so that's a bunch. I've got the Red Sea stuff for the breeders (why waste it, not like anyone's giving it away), plus a handful of others because who can resist a sale? Apparently not me.

Favorite? I'm liking what Manganese is doing for my colors at the moment! I wish the MB7 and BioDigest were doing more of what I bought them for, but so far, not so much, otherwise they'd be favorites too.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm using 4 bottles:
1) KZ amino acid concentrate
2) Lugol's
3) MicroBacter 7
4) beer

KZ is the only one that's daily, Lugol's and MB are weekly. Beer is for me of course.

luisgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinegar 45ml daily for my reef and seven drops of Selcon in my pellets for my fish.

MastaMind82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bourbon comes in a bottle... does that count as my favorite liquid in a bottle :p? Still being new to all this I haven't really made a favorite yet, but I suppose Selcon because it seems to get everyone in the QT eating.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew masters retreat! We're not talking beverage here we're talking your favorite "liquid in a bottle" that you use in your ref aquarium for one reason or another!

If your anything like me you have a shelf or an aquarium stand full of colorful plastic bottles full of reefing juice that do one thing or another. Out of all those let's talk about what you like the best and what you use the most! So here we go!

1. What's your favorite "reefing liquid" that you use for your tank and what does it do?

Extra Credit: How many bottle of "reefing liquid" do you have in total?

additives.jpg

81yv0VhT5DL._AC_SX425_.jpg

135zman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinegar 45ml daily for my reef and seven drops of Selcon in my pellets for my fish.

What is the 45ml of vinegar for in the tank? Was it to fix a problem or to try to obtain a specific result?

135zman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 main bottles: Red Sea Reef Energy AB+, Tropic Marin All-for-Reef, and occasionally dose Vibrant.

tombud78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Carbo Calcium - Trace Elements A & K
Brightwell CoralAmino
Reef Chili

wolfthefallen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see.. I have Red Sea Reef Energy Plus AB+, Viberant, and @AlgaeBarn OceanMagic phytoplankton.

I've only dosing Red Sea Reef Energy Plus AB+ for about 3 weeks now, So far I like it. The colors in the coral have really defined themselves after about 2 weeks of using it.

Phtoplankton, I highly recommend getting pods and plankton from Algae barn. It has really balanced out the tank and omg pods everywhere. Plus food for the picky corals.

I keep viberant on hand, I really only had to use it for weeks to help clear up some algae before it went crazy during cycling. Now it gathers dust, but works like a champ when you need it.

ohh other liquids in bottles.. I guess you could count ESV B-Ionic two part. but I really don't count it, got to get alk and calc from somewhere...

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Only thing i add is Kent Marine Purple Tech. Works wonders. I just give it a good shake and squeeze it into my tank.
20840_600w600h.png

luisgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the 45ml of vinegar for in the tank? Was it to fix a problem or to try to obtain a specific result?
Vinegar is a source of carbon like nopox. Will maintain nitrates levels low. Its not a temporary fix but a regular dosing schedule. Is the same as vodka but dilution is different. There is a very informative article at Reefkeeping Magazine.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm... I'm another fan of those tiny blue bottles...

BRS Calc/Alk/Mag would count as three... auto dosed.
ZeoBak, ZeoStart, ZeoFood, used for Nutrient control, every other day, at least.
Coral Snow, Cyano Clean, Flatworm Stop: Cyano and Flatworm control, preventative, at this point.
Coral Vitalizer, Sponge Power, Amino Acid concentrate, Pohl's Extra: Coral health
Coral System 1-4: Coloration enhancers

That's all I can think of.

17, if my addition is right.

Trident reagents don't count, right?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back