Reefing Sport: What's your team name and who's your sponsors?

If REEFING was a sport what level would you consider yourself?

• Spectator

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Little League

Votes: 58 12.5%
  • Middle School

Votes: 70 15.1%
  • High School

Votes: 83 17.8%
  • Intramural Athlete

Votes: 47 10.1%
  • Minor League

Votes: 134 28.8%
  • Major League

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • Super Star

Votes: 13 2.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's Monday so let's have a little fun with the question of the day today! :p

Since there aren't many sports games and activities going on right now let's pretend that keeping a reef tank is a sport. To keep it short we will call it REEFING! Genius I know! So let's take an even bigger leap and pretend that we are all pros at the sport of REEFING (HA) and the season is about to kick off. Of course REEFING is a team sport because at times we need the help of others so we need a team name. Also we're going to need sponsors for our team and at least one teammate! So go with me on this one!

1. What would be the NAME of your REEFING team? (get creative)

2. Who would be the official sponsors of your REEFING team?

3. Tag, or name, at least one person who you would want to be your teammate? Tagging more than one is good too!

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this makes me definitely a spectator. I am new to the sport so I don't know the teams or have a favorite. I will watch and see who appeals to me based on their mascot and lineup. Then, if they succeed I will stay with them. If they don't play well I will move on; so, not buying a lot of team gear just yet!! Go Reefers!!!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an All Star Baseball Player that's pretentious holding out for MORE MORE MORE money but don't want to get injured nor my health be put in any kind of risk whatsoever.

I want a guaranteed 10yr contract with a 150% increase each year.

DO NOT expect me to dive-for-flyballs.... dont expect me to run-out an obvious groundout because I might pull a muscle running out a groundball. 90ft to 1st base is a long run for me.

After my career I either want a Front Office job or on the Broadcast Team doing color commentary.

I basically want all the money and fans to worship me from AFAR.

Dont ask for my autograph nor a selfie, in fact dont even approach me if you are a fan... but give me a STANDING OVATION every time I come to the plate and my name is announced.

Signed,
The 631 Major League Baseball Players

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be the Wisconsin Crabby Patties, and clearly Tomatoa would be our mascot.
@revhtree would be my quarterback. you show Aaron Rodgers how to properly throw a ball!
The rest of the #MODS team and #reefsquad would be my team :D
Mods would be my offensive and reefsquad my defensive.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...

Team: Saratoga Sticks

Sponsor: Louisville Slugger

Teamates: @Paul B so I could have a fan club of supermodels
@Katrina71 to keep the team grounded
@GoVols for support during any troubles we may encounter
@jsker because every solid team needs a chef for proper nutrition
@Flippers4pups to make sure everything looks great.
@Sallstrom so something might actually live

GOPMatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My team would be in the NFL....

Team Name : Buffalo Aiptasia

Biggest team drawback: penalties.... Too Many men on the field.... During a play at a moment's notice i.e during interception sack Loss of yards half of the team splits into 2... Due to a swing in momentum. So it's mostly a run out the clock type strategy.

Sponsors: Ecotech, Reef octopus, and for supplies like balls helmets paying players #BRS.... for substitutions to call audibles A Reef Creation, Buffalo NY for peppermint shrimp ball boy inverts,...

Don't know really anyone that would be known and don't want to be cliche and pick someone from #AskBRSTV So is have to pick Pete owner at Coral Sea aquatics in orchard park, NY

NOT A TYPICAL TEAM BUT I COULD Take over the other teams reef then audible my peppermints after I cut first string Aiptasia causes the other teams owner to bail hostile takeover of a more coastal team like the Socal SPS..,..

Then sell Buffalo Aiptasia to a guy love Charley Copperband since he's been looking into buying a franchise for years....

In the end my team would moved from Los Angeles back to San Diego and be called the San Diego diamond Gobies!!!!!!! Gotta move stuff around if you make it in this league fellas keep that substrate A'Movin!!!!

It's more of a long term plan remember sports isnt Just a game..... its a Business..

Last edited:

JNelsonCo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get this logo. Very cool. What do the Roman numerals mean? 49?

It's Monday so let's have a little fun with the question of the day today! :p

Since there aren't many sports games and activities going on right now let's pretend that keeping a reef tank is a sport. To keep it short we will call it REEFING! Genius I know! So let's take an even bigger leap and pretend that we are all pros at the sport of REEFING (HA) and the season is about to kick off. Of course REEFING is a team sport because at times we need the help of others so we need a team name. Also we're going to need sponsors for our team and at least one teammate! So go with me on this one!

1. What would be the NAME of your REEFING team? (get creative)

2. Who would be the official sponsors of your REEFING team?

3. Tag, or name, at least one person who you would want to be your teammate? Tagging more than one is good too!

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh this really has me going. Would the competition be coral growth? Cleanliness? System design? Fish breeding? Perhaps different leagues for each. I see myself as a refferee/mentor since I work at a fish store. But I think I have enough experience to put me into minor leuge coral growing/system design. Team name is easily “the Wahoo!” My only teammate would be my buddy Seth since he’s Attempting to hybridize sharks and I don’t breed any saltwater (yet). Maybe we should have more coral grow out contests to create a more competitive environment. Because I sure do enjoy a good contest ;)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
team name: REEFER MADNESS
team sponsor: SMOOTH-ON
team manager: @Paul B smart AND funny
assistant manager: @New&no clue best name on sight
assistant manager: @SaltyCupcake best GIF/video thingy's on every post
team PR: @Crabs McJones answers every single message I've ever sent

oh... and growing up I was a musician, not an athlete.
welcome to the show.
:cool:

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
team name: REEFER MADNESS
team sponsor: SMOOTH-ON
team manager: @Paul B smart AND funny
assistant manager: @New&no clue best name on sight
assistant manager: @SaltyCupcake best GIF/video thingy's on every post
team PR: @Crabs McJones answers every single message I've ever sent

oh... and growing up I was a musician, not an athlete.
welcome to the show.
:cool:

OMG I can't believe I was picked to be on a team that NEVER happens. Also glad to share the Assistant Manager role with @SaltyCupcake her GIFs are the best part of the Meet&Greet.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh this really has me going. Would the competition be coral growth? Cleanliness? System design? Fish breeding? Perhaps different leagues for each. I see myself as a refferee/mentor since I work at a fish store. But I think I have enough experience to put me into minor leuge coral growing/system design. Team name is easily “the Wahoo!” My only teammate would be my buddy Seth since he’s Attempting to hybridize sharks and I don’t breed any saltwater (yet). Maybe we should have more coral grow out contests to create a more competitive environment. Because I sure do enjoy a good contest ;)
Oh I forgot a sponsor! I love AI products and always talk about how they should release a return pump and dosing pumps. But I would also love to convert my system to a GHL controller. So I wouldn’t mind them as a sponsor either.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back