PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry completed!

The River

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

I like to create and maintain a build thread. It also keeps a journal style record of the tank that can be accessed for years to come.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?

I like to respond with direct experience advice that I have had... so it is a matter of seeing the thread that applies to my experiences.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

I would like to see more behind the scenes stuff that the industry is doing to develop the equipment and livestock. A glimpse into the future of reefing and allow our feedback to help mold what we want to see developed.

MerlotAndFamily

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

A) I like to seek the help and advice of more experienced reefers. So Fish sickness, what the heck is living in my live rock, etc. I'm also compiling my notes, photos, and videos and plan to post a build thread of my nano tank. It's been slow going trying to fit it around all my other projects, but I'm determined to share my tank step by step and I think that thread will be a great addition to my YouTube channel.

A) Aquasculpting, build threads, fish and coral health, treatments for illnesses, anything that will help me prevent and avoid future failures and crisis from befalling me. I've basically been sponging everything I can. Lots of info on water parameters and how they affect the tank, parasites to be scared of, advice on never allowing said parasites into your system- basically anything that will help me make my nano bulletproof and to assuage my anxiety.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

A) The only way I can see it dragging me in any more than it has is if R2R had an algorithm that suggested threads it thinks I might be interested in responding to based on past activity or if it had a notification system that pops up on my phone (other than my email notifications which do the same thing). I feel like I spend a lot more time reading these blogs than I do responding to them but that's largely because I can only ask questions at this point and can't really offer anything constructive (unless it's a link to a video or article).

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

I like to read a lot of posts on reef2reef and research a lot! And when I have something going on with my tank, or just have a general question I usually make those kinds of posts asking either what's going on? Or just general info. I'm so glad I joined reef2reef, all the other websites are nothing compared to reef2reef!

I see a lot of posts about how to do things, or what this specific coral needs, or water chemistry, ect. But it interest me to click on the posts where people need help with an issue going on in their tank! When I was a beginner, I wanted people to help me. And respond to my questions, especially emergencies, do i try to answer those the best I can, bc peeps are nice enough to help me out!

I'm also going to say that when I had a thread that didn't get answered for a while about a frogspawn, it kind of for loaded in the number of other posts, so may be if a post gets unanswered in under 3 or 4 days and it's an emergency kind of post with our tank or corals, automatically bump it up or automatically send it over to reefsquad maybe? Or let certain staff members get notifications when a thread goes unanswered in a few days......But other than that R2R is doing everything nicely and you guys are awesome! It's mostly all up to the users.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll bump dis!

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A: DIY topics are my favorite subjects.

A: Progress/ build threads. almost any Q/A thread gets my attention, I will only answer if i have dealt with topic or read a bunch of stuff on it.

A: This I dont think there is much. I am very motivated to help as much as i can. This forum is the best place for all of us to help each other.

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can not edit my first post but here is another suggestion for 3, add an educational game forum.

It can contain games such as a crossword puzzle, fill in the blank, Id this pic, etc. Games can be rated beginner to expert level. Expert level could focus on hard to identify fish, coral or equipment.

A link could be provided for the answers. You would not need any special format, could just take a picture of the game(ex crossword) then provide a link with the game filled in with the answers.

Also, anyone could post their game to the forum. Maybe also provide a badge such as game builder.

Clipsterzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to access new threads to gain knowledge in battling certain Reef tank issues. Such as algae, or parameter swings. I am 15 and maintaining a Reef tank. Threads like this helped a lot and continue to help me as I go on reading for who knows how long.

Threads! Topics covering areas of recommending livestock make me want to respond to them. As I can use my experience to help on others jointing the hobby. From certain corals to buy to fish. Experience is one of the best things fueling the hobby.

R2R is already amazing as it is. But some things that can motivate me to be more active are: more tips and tricks, more in depth topic discussion, etc. There are many benefits in R2R already. I love the work and effort put into this forum.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love the build threads. I also love the diy threads. I love learning about all the different way one can be successful in the hobby.

Things that you don't see every day, success stories, or stories of how one over came an obstetrical.

That's a good question. It's hard to find topics to post about that don't already have more than one form. I don't think there is much you can do in this area.

jpgraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just getting back into this hobby after many years away so I am trying to catch up on new tech. I want to set up the tank right the first time so I have a lot of newbie questions!

Right along the same lines as above. Trying to pick up where I left off.

That's a hard one. IMO, just obtaining the wealth of knowledge here is bonus enough. Kicking in some freebies is always nice but it shouldn't necessarily need to come to that.

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love things that are new an innovative.

New ideas, nice aquascaping and live stock. Always for contests.

Honestly, not much. I'm on most mornings. I just need to get my stuff in gear and I'll have more to post about.

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

I like to create updates on my personal tank experiences. DIY solutions. Reef community news and issues.

Coral acquisitions, new techniques, and responses to my own questions.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads.
Alerts to encourage updates on threads or builds.

Bonus completed!

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

Thank you for the help and best of luck!
Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back