PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Duane Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
- I seem to often post "help me" topics. :)
2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
- I like how to's and coral/fish profile info
3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
- I like it the way it is BUT I do wish there was an easier way to navigate to my tank thread and update it. I would do it more often.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
Aquascaping
Aquascaping
3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
No motivation necessary. Post when I think I have something to share that will help others or when I need help or opinions.

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg

1. Usually questions I have about things going on in my reef.

2. Questions they have that I know answers to; nice looking reef tanks; anything about reptiles (I'm a reptile guy who also likes reefs).

3. Create more hours in the day?

Cheers,
rant

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank builds, equipment questions or reviews, photos and more.

Build threads, livestock questions or comments, polls.

I am pretty motivated. I usually post pretty much everyday, I certainly check out the main page several times a day. - Doesn't help for your survey but keep up the good work. This forum is thriving where others have slowly declined over several years. The face that a message board format is a great starting point for reef related discussions is great but you still have to maintain and improve the forum to ensure it will be around for years to come.

Cliff Shepherd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Topics

We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

Right now I have not started my own threads yet. Still taking in info.

I really like the topics about research and how to make this hobby more sustainable. Such as BRS TV, if there is anyway to support this or others in this development is a huge step for the hobby of reef keeping.
After that different techniques and setups. This forum is one of the main ways everyone gets information pertaining to keeping a reef tank. We don't really get to see very many other tank setups or successful husbandry techniques. This I find in the build threads of others and the DIY section.

Contests are a great way to motivate.

Also the participation into things like BRS TV. They do have great threads on here but it would be great to see someone else try to back up some of the manufacturer claims. (Maybe not on the same scale)
I know its not the "holy grail" of research but they are they only ones I know that are advancing the hobby based on actual information.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Threads based on sound science. Randy and a few other members are the only reason I became a member.

Topics where someone is struggling with their tank and are overthinking things, and are following poor advice.

3 What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

A separate classified section with ratings for members. Do something about all the negative threads. " Help everything is dead or dying" it's gets depressing . Members should be able to have a gallery. Avatars should be gender neutral, and religious speak should be discouraged, that's what church is for.

Last edited:

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like to update my build thread. Generally I try to search for info that is already out there when it comes to asking questions unless it is something specific I can't find.

I like to help when I can which isn't often currently as there are people her with way more knowledge than myself. I enjoy talking to people about some of their amazing tanks and their husbandry.

I don't think it's a R2R issue. I personally don't respond to a lot only because I don't want to put out bad info, half info, or add nothing to a conversation and clutter it with junk.

Kevin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I use R2R normally when I’m having issues and need some advice so my posts are usually about looking for help or answers.

2) since I usually post looking for help, most of my responses are also to other that are looking for help so I can share the knowledge I have while gaining knowledge from others. That’s what makes this site so great.

3) I think the people using this site come come hear looking to learn and/or help so I’m not sure you need to motivate them but contests never hurt!!

Mcole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 I like to create threads about the things I have found out, and about my fish
#2 I like to respond to threads where a person needs help, and I like to observe DIY threads
3# I believe that R2R is doing already doing a fine job with promoting the creation of threads

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything to do with SPS corals and chemistry/additives/feeding and lighting to get healthy growth. I really struggled with my new 300 until I moved full over to the Balling method on aqua forrest and hybrid T%/LEDs not things are really taking off and I get great polyp extension.

Anything where I can help and have had direct experience.

Thread of the week award for best topic and response. I think the monthly giveaways and promotions are great. It would be nice to see some of those with corals or gift cards to a R2R coral seller reef sponsor

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
--- Mostly post on my build thread. Sometimes I'll post questions.

---Ones that ask you to show off your gear/livestock! I also like responding to questions sometimes, if I feel like I can give a knowledgable answer ;)

---I like the weekly emails and giveaways. These definitely keep me interested and active!

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new and just building up the equipment to start my first tank. So I haven't posted much but will post about my build, how I am doing it on a tight budget and the solutions I am coming up with. I will also post certain questions I need help with and can't find answers to - like on plumbing or using certain equipment or even on what to get.

I especially love other people's builds and solutions. If I see a tank (or something in it) I like I will usually post a comment.

I think you do enough. The prizes are a great motivation for me but I do what I have time to do and my budget means I am doing my tank build VERY slowly - so that is holding me back from posting about that.

Back