PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Joshua Kerstetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
My build thread itself is the only thing I've really tried creating anything for so far, but I look forward to creating new content regarding fish husbandry, water chemistry, and plumbing.
2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
Details, and pictures, specific well thought out questions where someone really wants help, or just to talk about something special about what they're doing and how they can share that experience with you.
3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
I like getting the new email alerts about new threads and articles, I guess I'd like to set more preferences regarding categories regarding those things, they seem to be random now, maybe needs more tuning about what things I respond to and learn from that.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

Well, things that I feel knowledgable about, or think I can legitimately help people with

Unique subjects, or topics I want to learn more about

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

Honestly it's hard in such a big and busy forum, because topics roll down the list so quickly. R2R is a very welcoming place compared to many other large forums. Here I say you are doing a darn good job already! The contest threads are what kind of broke the ice for me!

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy updating my build thread, creating events for my club, and advertising the club events.

Threads written about or by other club events and activities always give me ideas. I do like reading about new developments in the industry such as new public aquariums, reviews of fragswaps, any behind the scenes looks in the supply chain for the ornamental fish and coral industry.

I am most active in responding when I know who I am responding to. Being able to put a face to a screen name is extremely important to me. If R2R put on or sponsored social gatherings at swaps or networking events before large events like MACNA, ReefStock, or other events I would post more because I would know more people on here.

demonspeedn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help topics/problems I'm having.

I like to share pics within certain threads. I also enjoy the daily poll.

Invite to share photos of daily/weekly topics. Randomly PM a person to start a poll or thread of their choosing.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I might need help on or an answer to. This is my go to place for info. Then if needed I use google, though depending, google might be first to get an idea but I still value imput here first and foremost. Some of the answers out there aren't as good as I find here.
It's really nice to be able to ask for help and most of the time, you get it.

anything where me as a fairly new reefer can help. It is nice if the poster puts info in the subject line instead of just help as that would tell others what they need help with

I'm a sucker for the little recognition things like badges <g>. Monthly contests also work to motivate.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like to create threads about any question that I need an expert advice especially if I'm not convince with the google or other forums answer.

I like give a good WELCOME to new members, build threads, how to's, Coming sales thread. I love the tank of the months thread cus I can also look on the build thread of the winner and see the whole progress on what's take to them to build such a nice reef tank.

Well, I think that is a lot to look on R2R, the best reefers forum on the net.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Bonus Completed !!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Care and Husbandry of various corals mainly SPS as many aquarists on here both Novice and experienced struggle with keeping these specimens alive.
As a secondary- Fish that are actually reef safe and not predatory or coral eating machines

Hobbyists who are in distress or uninformed and actually need good sound advice from those who are both successful or learned from mistakes. It is a sense of reward to see those persons rebound from road to disaster and recover and build their systems into a piece of the ocean

Motivation should be self encouraged. It is threads in which we learn of others experience, something new, or a cure to something we may encounter in the future. There are many experienced hobbyists on this site and therefore a world of information on this site available through simple participation.

Bonus request completed !!

PS- Should I win, the $100 may go to the R2R group as a donation !!

BubblesUp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 Finding out the experiences and opinions of other R2R members.
#2 A question that I have previous experience with
#3 It would be helpful and interactive to have reps of products we use answer some questions. I was just looking up "Life Rock" but having a rep answer more about what it's made of would be helpful.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to help people out with any knowledge that I have.

The posts that really interest me is the disease posts. Not only do I learn something but if I know an answer I can help the op.

Acknowledgement of more people who help the community....

captainsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like how I can do research on different things and topics. This is my go to place for information. It helps with doing research on many topics from equipment to construction etc. When I have had questions and posted them I have gotten some exelent feedback with out much crap.
I enjoy reading about new tank builds ( i am in the process of this myself). Also in upgrades.

This is my go to place for info. and for learning about new equipment and methods. and it's great for interaction without getting flack for ignorance. On other forums I have gotten that and quit responding.

I like getting the new email alerts about new threads and articles. It is daunting sometimes with all the stuff.But it really helps me to pick an area and concentrate on learning, and fun to see how others interact. I recently did research on Marco rocks and found it very helpful.

P.S.
Thank you for such a great site and I look forward everyday to exploring something new.

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I like creating posts asking for help on equipment or livestock
2) I like to respond to build threads. I don't feel like I am a great resource, but I love showing support.
3) Giveaways are always motivating for me for updating my build thread or commenting in others.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back