PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R? I always look and respond if I know the answer to all the ID needed posts. And it gives me info for if I encounter it. I also read post about the quality and reliability of equipment.

2. I reply to anything I think I can help with unless it’s somthing like ich because REEF2REEF has so much info on here and you have people like @Humblefish that can help much more then me.

3. I’m not sure if it would help with me posting more. But maybe make it easier to find my build thread. When I need to copy url to post for a contest. It dose not get updated that often so it can be a pain to find it.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

-For creating, I am like countless others when asking for product comparisons and advice, I also manage my local club's forum.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?

-When I feel I can offer advice based on successful experience or when I feel I can help someone be more successful

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

-Honestly, there are so many quality threads that usually I can find the answers/advice I need by searching rather than just creating a new thread to rehash the same question/concern/material so I will normally post within an existing thread (even if it is ancient).

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
- I usually like to create threads on something new I just bought, equipment, fish, coral, inverts, etc, I like hearing what others have to say about the thing in question
- I usually tend to reply more when there is one question, not 5 or six about various topics all in one posts
3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
- Maybe more banners for posts reached, a 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, etc. It'd be kinda cool I guess

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a build thread but do little else. Time is my enemy with my own business.

Build threads are always interesting and offer some great tips . I like to read the threads about diseases to see what people are faced with.

This is a tough one. I will if I can really help someone out but it’s got to be something I have solid experience with. Otherwise it’s just a matter of time for me. I do keep my eye on the for sale section just in case someone has something for sale I really need!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank updates, coral growth, new products I'm using that I like, challenges with the tank such as locking in specific water parameters.

Big fan of live sales, sharing what I got. Fish store reviews, new products such as testing/automation products coming out.

Not just $, but maybe a specific high value coral. There are lots of folks on here who have been growing out there high value coral for some time, maybe we should start looking at ways more frag's can be shared at a lower cost. $100 often seems to be the prize price point offered by reef2reef, maybe that $ could be used to motivate a member or sponsor to provide a frag of something at that cost paid for by Reef2Reef. I respect the work lots of business's are doing with aquaculturing specific frags and have learned to understand the prices that come into this. At the same time, its a hard bullet to bite when you see something for hundreds if not over $1000. Seeing a monthly opportunity to snag something through a contest would be motivating.

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Solutions to problems I had or a Question as to how do I fix this?
2) POTM,Solutions to a problem I presently have, build threads occasionally, Id issues to name a few
3) This type of posting doesn't hurt. ha ha

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock discussion and hardware​
Requests for opinions, discussions about lighting​
None for me personally, I think the badge system rewards the most helpful members for their participation​

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I like to create new threads on fish topics because that is my main interest & passion.

2. Fish related topics. Threads where I have personal experience or can offer a specific tip. Threads where someone needs encouragement or support.

3. Suggesting topics (R2R has done this) continues to be a good idea. Badges for posts (500 posts, 1000 etc.). Contests are fun. I think R2R is good at encouraging responses.

Jake270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New threads about DIY projects, Build ideas, etc. These are things that can vary so much from person to person and spark a ton of inspiration, as opposed to searching finding one thing years old and repeating over and over again. While if it works don't fix it can get you good if we had that mindset we would not be anywhere near where we are today in the hobby. Also updating build thread and posting about livestock with pictures who doesn't like showing off and or looking at some eye candy.

Ill respond to anything that gets ideas flowing or anything I know something about personally or can help find the answer to.

I personally think you guys are doing great. The interface allows posting to be easy from computer or phone. The contest you guys do bring people here and there community that has been built is always willing to help out.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What typeof things/subjects do you personally like to create newthreads/topics about on R2R?

Any updates I make to my tank. Questions pertaining to sick fish/coral issues.

2. What type of threads/topics fromothers makes you want to respond to them?

Questions I actually feel I can offer help with...not too often. When I see someone that has a stunning tank or new people sharing their first reef.

I don't really know that R2R can do anything. It really depends on the poster. I feel A LOT of questions are redundant...ie. "my tank is 2 days old and I put an anemone in there is that ok?" It gets hard to respond to tgem over and over.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I typically only create threads to questions I need answered that I was unable to find the answer to.

I like helping out where I can, specifically with stocking questions, setting up a new tank and general maintenance.

Nothing I can think of!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back