OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 5 months of running the Calcium reactor. Tank is thriving. Lost a yellow coris wrasse [emoji26] Full tank shot on Memorial day. [emoji631]
2e883022bce77670f44894042803f013.jpg

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind sharing what you used to split the flow off your return output? I like the compact design.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went with the 1/2 VCA loc-line kit for my 525xl, but I'm sort of wondering if I should have went with the 3/4 inch!
Do you know how much flow you're pushing through yours? Perhaps I'll upgrade down the road..
I'm using a Reef Octopus Varios 8 return pump at 100% but it also feeds my Algae turf scrubber through a manifold. I have both the 3/4 and the 1/2 inch. The flow on the 1/2 inch is slightly but noticeably less.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Reef Octopus Varios 8 return pump at 100% but it also feeds my Algae turf scrubber through a manifold. I have both the 3/4 and the 1/2 inch. The flow on the 1/2 inch is slightly but noticeably less.

Worthwhile upgrade? I took off my random flow nozzles because it was creating turbulence at the top/waterline. Right now, I'm just using the loc-line splitters but will probably put the flow nozzles back on eventually. Tank is cycling so right now I'm just dialing things in. Curious if you're using those drop-connectors too? I was thinking of ordering those, curious what your thoughts are on them. Cheers, thanks!

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worthwhile upgrade? I took off my random flow nozzles because it was creating turbulence at the top/waterline. Right now, I'm just using the loc-line splitters but will probably put the flow nozzles back on eventually. Tank is cycling so right now I'm just dialing things in. Curious if you're using those drop-connectors too? I was thinking of ordering those, curious what your thoughts are on them. Cheers, thanks!
I had the same problem with the Single RFG with drop connecter/ turbulence air bubbles so I switched to the 3/4 inch dual RFG. Wound up taking off the RFG's and just running the locline. I recently got some ReefRax frag rocks for my overflow box. The 3/4 inch loc line were blocking too much light for the frag I had on the single ReefRax. I switched over to the 1/2 inch loc line without RFG's for an even slimmer profile. Since I rely mostly on my Gyres and MP40's for flow it's working out for me. Worthwhile upgrade?? I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. IMO both work well enough for me. If it wasn't for the new racks I probably would still be running the 3/4 inch setup I have for the last couple of years. Difference in par just switching out the locline was 100 Par. I was shocked. lol

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this information. It's truly helpful to be able to connect with other hobbyists and ask their experience with products, so I really appreciate your detailed reply.

Mind sharing pictures of the rack in/on the overflow box? Trying to understand how the loc-line was blocking your par readings, but I can't visualize exactly what you were describing. Cheers, thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back