aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jason. Took a HUGE hit. Seems like things have settled down but lots of dead acros. So heartbreaking...

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 5.39.56 PM.png
Sucks and so sad to loose coral

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How goes the recovery. I hope all is well
Recovery is going well. Thanks for asking. No further losses. Color is starting to come back and the tank seems stable. Hopefully back on track. All frags I saved in my frag tank except my Walt Disney. I already have a replacement frag with a few others to put back. I'm taking my time to make sure the main display is ready for them.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. It's been about 3 months since I had my mini crash due to an Iodine overdose. First photo shows all the acros that were lost during the crash. I was able to save a piece of every coral except my Walt Disney and Dragon Soul Favia. A good friend, hooked me up with a frag of the WD. Surviving acros lost most of their color but have greatly improved over the last 3 months. 2nd picture shows how the tank is looking today. Crash hurt but it could have been so much worse. Everything else in the tank remains the same with the exception of the addition of a One spot foxface and Blue hippo tang that I picked up from a tank breakdown. Fish have adjusted well and are part of the crew. Other exciting news is I'm starting a new build. 96x30x27. Still in the very early stages and plan on creating a build thread for the new tank as well. Take care, and Happy Reefing. Phil.. Reefkpr

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.17.00 PM.png

20210109_185117.jpg

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. It's been about 3 months since I had my mini crash due to an Iodine overdose. First photo shows all the acros that were lost during the crash. I was able to save a piece of every coral except my Walt Disney and Dragon Soul Favia. A good friend, hooked me up with a frag of the WD. Surviving acros lost most of their color but have greatly improved over the last 3 months. 2nd picture shows how the tank is looking today. Crash hurt but it could have been so much worse. Everything else in the tank remains the same with the exception of the addition of a One spot foxface and Blue hippo tang that I picked up from a tank breakdown. Fish have adjusted well and are part of the crew. Other exciting news is I'm starting a new build. 96x30x27. Still in the very early stages and plan on creating a build thread for the new tank as well. Take care, and Happy Reefing. Phil.. Reefkpr

20210109_185117.jpg
Unreal! Phil, go easy on the photoshop there buddy. Must be photoshop. Colours are insane. I officially dub thee my Arch Nemethith!

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unreal! Phil, go easy on the photoshop there buddy. Must be photoshop. Colours are insane. I officially dub thee my Arch Nemethith!
Zero Photoshop. lol. Note 20 ultra with an orange lens out of the coral viewing glasses with Radions of full blue. Here's a pic under whites with no filter.

20210208_115421.jpg

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero Photoshop. lol. Note 20 ultra with an orange lens out of the coral viewing glasses with Radions of full blue. Here's a pic under whites with no filter.

20210208_115421.jpg
I was just messing with you there my friend. Your tank dont need no stinking photoshop. Lol

Also, still unfairly crazy even with just whites. Lol

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210109_185117.jpg
Sorry to hear about the crash but tank looks great!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This reef looks amazing!

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goals I swear! Started my tank this weekend and hopefully one day i could grow out a colony half the size of yours

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scubabum I think we need an update!! ;) :cool:
Yeah I'm a bit overdue for an update. I post almost daily on Instagram. @cc_Reefkpr for anyone that wants to follow. Also working on a new tank build. 96x30x27 which I'm documenting on IG. Eventually when I'm not so busy, I'll have to start another build thread for the new tank. Anyway, tank has fully rebounded from the mini tank crash approx 3 months ago. Color is back and growth has really exploded. I've had to really increase the output of the Calcium reactor over the last month. Only thing that is lacking is a bit of polyp extension. Still not sure why that hasn't returned to how it was prior to the crash. Plan on sending in another ICP test soon to see how things are looking post crash. Besides that all livestock is doing well. I did lose 5 of the 6 green chromis I had, but that is something I've always experienced when trying to add a shoal of Chromis. Slowly pick each other off, one by one until one remains. lol. This morning I lost one of my Bangaii cardinals which was the first fish into this tank after the cycle. Had it for 4 years and just learned that's about a full life span of the Bangaii cardinal. Here is a current picture of the tank, taken just before I made this post. Thanks for following and Happy Reefing everyone! Reefkpr
IMG_3783.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm a bit overdue for an update. I post almost daily on Instagram. @cc_Reefkpr for anyone that wants to follow. Also working on a new tank build. 96x30x27 which I'm documenting on IG. Eventually when I'm not so busy, I'll have to start another build thread for the new tank. Anyway, tank has fully rebounded from the mini tank crash approx 3 months ago. Color is back and growth has really exploded. I've had to really increase the output of the Calcium reactor over the last month. Only thing that is lacking is a bit of polyp extension. Still not sure why that hasn't returned to how it was prior to the crash. Plan on sending in another ICP test soon to see how things are looking post crash. Besides that all livestock is doing well. I did lose 5 of the 6 green chromis I had, but that is something I've always experienced when trying to add a shoal of Chromis. Slowly pick each other off, one by one until one remains. lol. This morning I lost one of my Bangaii cardinals which was the first fish into this tank after the cycle. Had it for 4 years and just learned that's about a full life span of the Bangaii cardinal. Here is a current picture of the tank, taken just before I made this post. Thanks for following and Happy Reefing everyone! Reefkpr
IMG_3783.jpg
I will say you do brighten up my insta feed and have a gorgeous tank. I'm jernburglar btw.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Scubabum can we see some more of this awesome reef?

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scubabum can we see some more of this awesome reef?
Sure thing!!!! Thanks for the reminder. I've been super busy with a new tank build. Running electrical, removing carpet and tiling floor. I'll include pics down below and eventually start a new build thread. New tank is 96x30x27 built by AGE. I was also having problems with my sweet Boston Terrier and unfortunately she passed. The family is heartbroken. The Red Sea Reefer is pretty much running on autopilot and continues to grow out and getting super crowded. Unfortunately I'm still fighting AEFW. Everytime I think I have them beat back, I'll start to notice an acro not looking quite right and sure enough I'll find adults and eggs. Never ending battle. Despite the AEFW no other issues in the Reef!

20210607_193731.jpg

20210607_193758.jpg

20210607_193738.jpg

20210607_193746.jpg

20210605_141902.jpg

20210607_193820.jpg

IMG_3886.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks amazing! Sorry about the AEFW frustrations, but man that reef looks gorgeous despite them!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Scubabum just checking in again on your amazing reef! How's everything?

Back