OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What T5 Bulb combination did you go with?
48" or 61"
Dimmable yes or no?

Sorry for the questions but I am thinking about doing the same thing.

any pics of how you mount the hybrid ?

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking non dimmable as it is so much cheaper $380 vice $599. When do you have your T5s turn on?
What T5 Bulb combination did you go with?
48" or 61"
Dimmable yes or no?

Sorry for the questions but I am thinking about doing the same thing.

any pics of how you mount the hybrid ?

Hey Jason. I'm using the non dimmable Giesemann Stellar 59" Hybrid fixture. I'm using Giesemann Actinic Blue T5 in all 4 slots. It's their equivalent of ATI blue Plus. I used the Giesemann hanging kit. The T5's come on when the Radions are at the peak of day which is 10am. I worked my way up to 4 hours adding an hour each week. Had a few corals looking a bit stressed so I backed off to 3 hours and everything is doing well. Here is a couple of pics of the hanging kit. Have a great day!

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 2.39.25 PM.png
Hang.jpg

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at 9 right now. I didn’t change my radion schedule. Did you start out with the T5s for 2-3 hrs and then increase every couple weeks
Your setup turned out really NICE! I didn't change my Radion schedule either. I started the T5's for 1 hour and added an hour each week till I hit 4 hours.

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! Momma Bear wanted to keep the barn look we have going on in the basement. I think it turned out well.

I had mine turned yesterday just playing around with them. No schedule yet. Going to follow what you did and watch my corals.

Are you stopping at 4hrs? I have read here of folks going up to 6-7hrs and centered over their peak. 7hrs seems like a lot of extra light

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! Momma Bear wanted to keep the barn look we have going on in the basement. I think it turned out well.

I had mine turned yesterday just playing around with them. No schedule yet. Going to follow what you did and watch my corals.

Are you stopping at 4hrs? I have read here of folks going up to 6-7hrs and centered over their peak. 7hrs seems like a lot of extra light
I made it to 4 hours and actually backed off to 3 hours. A few corals showed a bit of stress. Eventually I'll probably add the hour back on, for a total of 4 hours which matches my peak of day with the Radions.

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my radion profile. I am running AB+ with the blues and UV at 100% whites at 24% and green/red at 20%

I am going to start the T5s slowing around the middle and increase slowly over the next few months. I don’t think I’m going to do more than 5 hours at the end.

I love how the tank looks with just radions I am just adding the T5s for grow and coral health

6849AD11-7D88-488C-B067-632ACEE503B9.png

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September 8, 2020 Just updating my thread. Tank is responding well to the T5 Hybrid. PH has been hitting 8.38-8.4 daily with the addition to the Kalkwasser drip alongside the Calcium Reactor. Still continue to fight Acro Eating flatworms. Dosing KZ Flatworm stop at a double dose and dipping colonies periodically. Over the last 3 weeks, I've noticed something off with the tank. Slightly pale colors and less polyp extension. I sent off an ATI ICP test and have super elevated Iodine. I performed 2 large water changes and have a 3rd mixing as we speak. Still not sure why the levels are so elevated. Also verified using a Red Sea Pro Iodine test kit. Attached is a copy of the ICP test and a current pic.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 2.17.05 PM.png

Sept.jpg

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw your youtube video. Sorry about the mini crashing. Sounds like you caught it in time. That is positive

I just ordered an ICP test myself because of your situation.

hope things keep improving
Thanks Jason. Took a HUGE hit. Seems like things have settled down but lots of dead acros. So heartbreaking...

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 5.39.56 PM.png

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September 8, 2020 Just updating my thread. Tank is responding well to the T5 Hybrid. PH has been hitting 8.38-8.4 daily with the addition to the Kalkwasser drip alongside the Calcium Reactor. Still continue to fight Acro Eating flatworms. Dosing KZ Flatworm stop at a double dose and dipping colonies periodically. Over the last 3 weeks, I've noticed something off with the tank. Slightly pale colors and less polyp extension. I sent off an ATI ICP test and have super elevated Iodine. I performed 2 large water changes and have a 3rd mixing as we speak. Still not sure why the levels are so elevated. Also verified using a Red Sea Pro Iodine test kit. Attached is a copy of the ICP test and a current pic.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 2.17.05 PM.png

Sept.jpg
I suspect that the 2x dose of flatworm stop is what caused the high iodine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back