ReefLED and Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid?

muhnandr

View Badges
Reaction score
Anybody know if the Aquatic Life T5/LED Hybrid fixtures will hold the new Red Sea ReefLED 90s? Thanks

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Anybody know if the Aquatic Life T5/LED Hybrid fixtures will hold the new Red Sea ReefLED 90s? Thanks
I had the same question, until I finally saw my 90's in person when they showed up, plus my thoughts were confirmed by an Aquatic Life rep in a different thread... The plastic top of the LED light comes off, and there are screws in each corner holding down the heat sink. The removable top has little round plastic pieces in the corners, which can snap off, sitting directly over the screws. So essentially, with longer screws coming down through the brackets of the hybrid fixture, they'll go right into the 90's. My hybrid fixture isn't here yet, but I think it should work exactly like that.

ReefLED with Hybrid.jpg

DaddyDeet

View Badges
Reaction score
As long as there is screw holes in the top of the leds....I see no reason why they wouldn't fit...unless it's an overall size issue...but the brackets for the LEDs are essentially universal heres a pic of the top of mine with my xr30s when I put them in..just so you can see the brackets...

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Good Morning, a local store did this with their store display. The only concern is that the Red Sea screws look to have a space under the screw head to possibly allow the plastic cover to snap over the screw head. Photo of the stores setup.

Red Sea.JPG

Cultivated Reef

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Any update on this? Can red sea 90 light fix in a hybrid fixture with t5s?
With additional screws to connect the red sea to the hybrid LED brackets it can be done. If I remember they are M4 screws around 32mm long.

Arthur9.5

View Badges
Reaction score
With those longer screws, the light will be 100% safe in the bracket or anyway is possible to hang and snap over?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
We only have the universal LED bracket to secure the fixture none of the cradle style like Kessil for Red Sea.

Aquailluminations, Ecotech and Reefbreeders all attach with the universal LED bracket through the top. You just need to make sure the 4 screws are secured into the Red Sea fixture through the brackets. Then secure the brackets to the T5 fixtures.

Do you use Instagram for reefing stuff? What’s your handle?

• Yes I follow people

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Yes and I post reefing content

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • No IG isn’t for me

Votes: 69 53.1%
  • What is IG?

Votes: 7 5.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors