ReefLED and Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid?

muhnandr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know if the Aquatic Life T5/LED Hybrid fixtures will hold the new Red Sea ReefLED 90s? Thanks

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know if the Aquatic Life T5/LED Hybrid fixtures will hold the new Red Sea ReefLED 90s? Thanks

I had the same question, until I finally saw my 90's in person when they showed up, plus my thoughts were confirmed by an Aquatic Life rep in a different thread... The plastic top of the LED light comes off, and there are screws in each corner holding down the heat sink. The removable top has little round plastic pieces in the corners, which can snap off, sitting directly over the screws. So essentially, with longer screws coming down through the brackets of the hybrid fixture, they'll go right into the 90's. My hybrid fixture isn't here yet, but I think it should work exactly like that.

ReefLED with Hybrid.jpg

DaddyDeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as there is screw holes in the top of the leds....I see no reason why they wouldn't fit...unless it's an overall size issue...but the brackets for the LEDs are essentially universal heres a pic of the top of mine with my xr30s when I put them in..just so you can see the brackets...
8e5921bf9db6a275c90528fa5a85eba3.jpg

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Good Morning, a local store did this with their store display. The only concern is that the Red Sea screws look to have a space under the screw head to possibly allow the plastic cover to snap over the screw head. Photo of the stores setup.

Red Sea.JPG

Arthur9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? Can red sea 90 light fix in a hybrid fixture with t5s?

Arthur9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With those longer screws, the light will be 100% safe in the bracket or anyway is possible to hang and snap over?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We only have the universal LED bracket to secure the fixture none of the cradle style like Kessil for Red Sea.

Aquailluminations, Ecotech and Reefbreeders all attach with the universal LED bracket through the top. You just need to make sure the 4 screws are secured into the Red Sea fixture through the brackets. Then secure the brackets to the T5 fixtures.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the verdict? Can redsea reefled mount to this t5 hybrid?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes, but the cover of the ReefLED may not stay secure. We tested and used 4 - M4 x 35 screws. RedSea has a spacer under the screw that I think can be duplicated with washers but we have not finalized that part. Photos above are from a local stores setup with the LED installed.

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This worked for me, 35mm M4 with washers for the RedSeaLED50.

IMG_1547.jpg

I don't like how they did the cover. Its a pain to pry off. I wish they had made it so the screws threaded through the cover.

The 50 fits perfect in with 16" end caps.

IMG_1550.jpg

I have to buy the brackets for the 16" end cap though. Seems like one set could have come with that without raising the cost too much, but for now this is just resting across the fixture.

edit: one thing I realized, the 50s are shallower then the 90s too. I had to rotate the unit so the display and reset button are on the side in order to be able to access them. It looks like this is not an issue with the 90s.

Last edited:

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1547.jpg

I don't like how they did the cover. Its a pain to pry off. I wish they had made it so the screws threaded through the cover.

IMG_1550.jpg

I have to buy the brackets for the 16" end cap though. Seems like one set could have come with that without raising the cost too much, but for now this is just resting across the fixture.

edit: one thing I realized, the 50s are shallower then the 90s too. I had to rotate the unit so the display and reset button are on the side in order to be able to access them. It looks like this is not an issue with the 90s.
I'm considering the aquatic life 48 inch hybrid with my redsea led 50s. I have 3 over my redsea 425 xl. 3 questions. Can you post a picture of your mount and setup? Are you happy with it? Is it the dimmable with 1 cord or the 2 cord model?

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this. I will say I HAVE LOVED the recessed nature of the lens I'm the rs90
Reefbreeders had terrible light spill. I am wondering if the aquatic life has significant light spill... if there are shades available for it.

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic life definitely has light spill BUT I only run mine about 3-4 hrs a day when I'm not home lol. Otherwise it's the kessil going.

ngrsmn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

hey .. is your red sea running well with aquatic life fixture ? i heard theres some heat issue when running it with the t5 fixture..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 74 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back