Reeflo hammerhead? Can u run youre whole tank on it??

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright i been wondering if could run my whole entire tank with this pump??
I have my 220 in living room and 100 gal runbermaid sump in basement. I am currently using just a vectra l2 for return pretty much on full power. Skimmer is ran by a mag drive 18 is a aqua v ec 180 ish ??
I have biopellet reactor of the brs dual chamber media reactor a phosban 150 reactor for gfo and an icecap 60 watt ats and all these reactor r running on seperate pumps i really want to eliminate all the extra pumps and put all this equipment outside my sump to fill it with more liverock and possibly throw leds on it n use it for grow out sum corals . Any thoughts?? Thx! I would like to run all this equipment with one pump o. A manifold

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can but electricity cost will sky rocket. I ditched my iwaki years ago and went to a DC basement pump and ill never go back. Saves a lot of cash combines with all other pumps I switched to DC.

The jebao 10000 dcp right around your pump size runs my basement sump at 45% and running about 40-50 watts

Some tricks to more flow, are raising your sump up on cinder blocks with a piece of plywood for it to sit on. Great for having drain lines in bottom.

I also run 1 1/4 " pvc through the floor, and when it hits a T I run I made that a Y to increase flow, also using two 1" pipes to the bulkheads on my tanks internal returns. using the largest size for as long as you can, you can really does help

I also use a jebao for my calcium reactor, which uses some stupid low amount of whats like 10 or below.

ditch that mag drive 18, the wattage it uses is pathetic, I put my mag drive 9.5 i think in my swamp cooler. Soon to be replaced by a 50 dollar jebao

the jebao so cheap ou can keep a spare on hand in case of failures, but 5 years in, mine are all still like new

OP
OP
M

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with jebao with theyre wave makers but not theyre pumps i had the jp 20000l one that pumps 3200 gph and quit on me in like 6 months the impeller magnet swole up . Too bad u cant get any replacement parts. The mag drives i have had for years they are awesum pumps i have only had 1 go out and that was after years of use the other one s i have only replaced impeller a cpl of times but they do use up crazy watts. I am thinking i will just leave the vectra l2 running return and get another dc pump around the same size to run all of my reactors and skimmer.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate manifolds. They are just so unreliable unless you just throw massive amounts of pressure at them so that if you change something, nothing else will even notice - they do not stay consistent at all and if you change one setting, you have to move all of the rest too. Maybe a manifold for reactors and stuff, but a super low wattage 600 GPH pump could probably do this.

I am sure that you know this, but Hammerhead is not a super reliable pump, right? If you do decide to use it, get some new seals to have on hand and if you ever see another one used, buy it for the motor. You can buy more reliable pumps of the same ilk with AmpMaster and a few others... probably a bit less power too, but not much.

If the Vectra works, then just keep it. It is not like you are going to save much by replacing it... a friend said that his L2 took over 150w running at full head, but only a kill-a-watt will tell you for sure. That is not bad and way less than a Hammerhead and about what a PanWorld would use for the same job.

OP
OP
M

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes h r right ahout tthe manifold being. Apain i have thought about that ive gone threw my head beacause my skimmer is very finnecky so if would have it on same pump as all my reactors if adjusted anything it would probly go crazy. I guess only sure way would b to shut the whole pump off when doing maintenance i just hate having like 10 different pumps for my set up . I decided to go with simplicity 3200 dc pump and am gonna work on manifold to run all this equipment lets see how this goes!

Back