Reeflux advice

Klyph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m dealing with GHA, and used reeflux 15 days ago. Followed all directions, including turning my skimmer off for the first 72 hours, etc. I also removed my chaeto, to keep it safe. Based on some discussions in this forum, I turned up the white lights some to encourage the algae ingesting the reeflux.

most people have seen obvious results in the first week or two. I have seen the opposite. The GHA seems to be growing, if anything. Nitrates and phosphates haven’t gone up. If anything they have gone down. Without my chaeto and skimmer removing anything, I assume the GHA is still consuming it.

I know it says to give it up to three weeks, but I’m growing anxious. I’m going to wait the full three weeks but if it remains, what’s the strategy on a second dose? Should I do a water change first?

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be three weeks this coming Sunday.. when I did mine. What CUC do you have... I have 3 urchins and a 1/2 dozen or so emeralds plus a mix of hermits and snails. I think for me the Reeflux softened it up so they could get rid of it. I dont see much of it at all any more.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been thinking of using reeflux instead of vibrant for my GHA and bubble algae issue. Do you guys recommend it?
Never seen reef flux effect bubble algae one bit. I've used it 3 times for bryopsis, and my BA remains.

GHA, and bryopsis is of course completely gone. Didn't have much GHA to begin with, used it more for the bryopsis.

Vibrant on the other hand, does work great for BA, but it takes a while. Think it took me like 3 months, to finally not see any BA.

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen reef flux effect bubble algae one bit. I've used it 3 times for bryopsis, and my BA remains.

GHA, and bryopsis is of course completely gone. Didn't have much GHA to begin with, used it more for the bryopsis.

Vibrant on the other hand, does work great for BA, but it takes a while. Think it took me like 3 months, to finally not see any BA.
Did you experience any side effects with vibrant? Like cyano or dinos?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have used it before , no side effects but it’s very important to stick to the recommended dose since vibrant can sharply reduce nutrients.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never got dinos, as I kept an eye on my nutrients. I did get, and kept cyano while dosing vibrant. No idea why, but after I stopped vibrant, it did eventually go away on its own.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back