Ecotech Marine

hobbyreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
PSA I installed a Reefmat 1200 in my Waterbox 6026 sump. Removing the filter socks chamber was a huge PITA. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Took me about 6 hours of constant swearing…. That being said I’m very happy with the results now…. Just a heads up if anyone thinks it’s going to be a 15 minute install like the Red Sea video show.

AquaCave Logo Banner

micaheli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm about to do this in my waterbox 180.5 - what exactly was hard about it? I'm curious because I'm still contemplating how I'm going to do it.

Option 1) Remove baffles and sock plates in the sock area only. The reefmat 1200 is 7.5" wide and so is the sock section, so leaving the main wall seems like a good solution to keep it from hanging off of the front wall but still keeping it easy to change.

Option 2) Remove the entire sock area, drain inlet, etc and hang it off of the front wall of the sump.

Tidal Gardens

Donut78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm about to do this in my waterbox 180.5 - what exactly was hard about it? I'm curious because I'm still contemplating how I'm going to do it.

Option 1) Remove baffles and sock plates in the sock area only. The reefmat 1200 is 7.5" wide and so is the sock section, so leaving the main wall seems like a good solution to keep it from hanging off of the front wall but still keeping it easy to change.

Option 2) Remove the entire sock area, drain inlet, etc and hang it off of the front wall of the sump.
Curious as to what you decided to do. I have the same tank arriving next week and would like to put in the reefmat but not sure if it will fit without serious modification.

DavidRZ

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

I'm also curious what you decided here. I'm about to do the same and hoping to avoid the OP's 6 hours of swearing if possible.

helijamal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just installed the reefmat 1200 in the waterbox 180.5 sump. I removed the socks and the drain inlet glass and hung the mat off the side. works perfectly. I used the redsea mod kit for cutting through the silicone. took me 2 + hours and there were a few swear words but really not as bad as it could have been. The mod kit from Redsea was the answer as a regular blade is too thick.

Attachments

• 2022-06-16 16.36.35.jpg
    2022-06-16 16.36.35.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 56
Top Shelf Aquatics

Codyrhodes97c

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How is it plumbed I have the exact same tank and im lolking at the reefmat 1200 as well was the plumbing a pain I like how you dont have to completely destroy the sump and that the refugium chamber is still there

AI Nero 5

How much percent of space do you think your corals take up in your aquarium?

• Up to 10%

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • 10% to 25%

Votes: 37 22.7%
  • 26% to 50%

Votes: 42 25.8%
  • 51% to 75%

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • 76% to 90%

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • 90%+

Votes: 8 4.9%