ReefQueen's 90 Gallon Rescue Reef

DustyXB9Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to cut back my order quite a bit or I would have had about 12 wrasses in QT right now lol. Get that bad boy set up!;)

Workin on it!! Got everything minus the lights. Still trying to figure out what I want to do exactly. Probably gonna do 2 16" SBReef lights.. I think lol. but other than that, painting my incredible tall (42") stand and that's about it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great!!

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh... This thread again! You should have made your original order. I would have let you "store" some wrasses in my tank.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish look great! I have a few in qt as well. I hate having fish in qt

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been a while, an update is way overdue. The tanks have been mostly on auto pilot for the last half a year and I would be lying if I said I had looked at them more then once a week in that time frame. As usual work and family obligations kept me away from home and honestly I kind of lost my passion for a while. After a disagreement with my boss, and finding out some exciting news, I decided it was time he found himself a new store manager and put my 2 weeks in. So now that I am home more and have time to look at the tanks I've found myself bitten by the bug again. I forgot how much I enjoy tinkering with things and watching the tanks. My first project in getting the 90 back on track is to get the undercarriage back in order. It was looking pretty gross.
20180116_142545.jpg

So I cleaned out the skimmer for the first time in forever, got a new fuge light, and installed some motion activated lights. It's a start!
20180119_220413.jpg

I also ordered a new pump to help me with water changes. My old one broke and I am not allowed to lift heavy buckets for a while:rolleyes:, so I am looking forward to that arriving. There is a frag swap next month, so I am determined to have this tank ready for some new pretties by then;).

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been a while, an update is way overdue. The tanks have been mostly on auto pilot for the last half a year and I would be lying if I said I had looked at them more then once a week in that time frame. As usual work and family obligations kept me away from home and honestly I kind of lost my passion for a while. After a disagreement with my boss, and finding out some exciting news, I decided it was time he found himself a new store manager and put my 2 weeks in. So now that I am home more and have time to look at the tanks I've found myself bitten by the bug again. I forgot how much I enjoy tinkering with things and watching the tanks. My first project in getting the 90 back on track is to get the undercarriage back in order. It was looking pretty gross.
20180116_142545.jpg

So I cleaned out the skimmer for the first time in forever, got a new fuge light, and installed some motion activated lights. It's a start!
20180119_220413.jpg

I also ordered a new pump to help me with water changes. My old one broke and I am not allowed to lift heavy buckets for a while:rolleyes:, so I am looking forward to that arriving. There is a frag swap next month, so I am determined to have this tank ready for some new pretties by then;).
How was the frag swap? Oh and how is your new little one? We love pictures ;)

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was the frag swap? Oh and how is your new little one? We love pictures ;)

The swap was great as always, I am looking forward to the next one in 2 months so I can replace all the frags I lost while not being able to do much maintenance being hugely pregnant lol. I did not get very big with my son so I was not anticipating being a blimp this time haha. She is doing great, she definitely keeps me busy lol. I am assuming you want baby pics because the tank is not share worthy right now lol. She is almost 5 months old already!
2018-09-16-22-33-55.jpg

2018-07-18-22-29-59.jpg
2018-10-07-17-51-29.jpg
2018-11-16-16-18-37.jpg
2018-12-08-14-07-55.jpg

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swap was great as always, I am looking forward to the next one in 2 months so I can replace all the frags I lost while not being able to do much maintenance being hugely pregnant lol. I did not get very big with my son so I was not anticipating being a blimp this time haha. She is doing great, she definitely keeps me busy lol. I am assuming you want baby pics because the tank is not share worthy right now lol. She is almost 5 months old already!
2018-09-16-22-33-55.jpg

2018-07-18-22-29-59.jpg
2018-10-07-17-51-29.jpg
2018-11-16-16-18-37.jpg
2018-12-08-14-07-55.jpg
Omg she is so precious! Thank you for sharing! I know how you feel our little boy is 5 months and I feel I never have time but for him and our 3 year old. Let's just say sometimes it looks like a tornado went through our house at times;Hilarious. I'm glad everything is going good, keep up the good work mama!:)

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg she is so precious! Thank you for sharing! I know how you feel our little boy is 5 months and I feel I never have time but for him and our 3 year old. Let's just say sometimes it looks like a tornado went through our house at times;Hilarious. I'm glad everything is going good, keep up the good work mama!:)

Thank you and you too! It can be hard finding time for both, luckily my son loves his sister so doesn't mind that she has to be included in everything we do. I used to care so much that my house was spotless, now I'm happy if the dishes are done, the toilet is clean, and I managed to vacuum the floor around all the toys haha. Kids definitely change your priorities. I am starting to get anxiety about Christmas and all the new toys they will be getting lol.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2018-09-16-22-33-55.jpg

2018-07-18-22-29-59.jpg
2018-10-07-17-51-29.jpg
2018-11-16-16-18-37.jpg
2018-12-08-14-07-55.jpg

Adorable!!! Aside from that black and yellow... ;)

GO BEARS!

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. It isn't looking very amazing right now, but a sort of neglected tank for a new baby is a pretty good trade lol.

Completely agree, when my first came along i got out of the hobby completely, now I have four kids, and the 6 year old wants her own reef tank. ;)

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is my final day as a stay at home mom, I am going to be working part time at one of LFS and couldn’t be more excited! Idk how some women do it, but not working for the past 14 months has gotten me completely stir crazy;Wacky. I have been spending more time on the forum brushing up on all the fishy info that fell out of my head when I had to start remembering how to keep a tiny human alive lol. I have also been working on getting the 90 back in shape (I feel like I say that a lot lol). With how busy the kids keep me and getting back into the work force I have decided that, for now, the 90 will be a softy dominant tank. I can’t say how long I will be able to resist the call of LPS but I will try to hold off until I feel confident that I can juggle work, kids, house, and tank. Speaking of house we will be moving in the next 2-3 months to a lovely little house with a massive yard for the kiddos! You guys know I love to punish myself with craziness, so it’s the perfect time to move lol. Here are some fishy pics just because.
1B35F352-0EFF-40AB-8785-22CE6CC1405F.jpeg
B2E6E9DD-F97B-4935-B180-69B53FB5A20D.jpeg
255A7965-6D28-4FB1-AC67-5928EE671270.jpeg
037777DF-8FE4-4339-BB0C-7C0AB666BB30.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is starting to look a bit less depressing these days, I’ve added quite a few softys and a couple of nems just in time to tear it all down and move it lol. I am dreading moving everything. I’ve done it enough to know what I’m in for, which only makes me dread it more. I don’t plan on setting the tank (or possible upgrade;)) back up right away, so I will have the corals and inverts hanging out in a spare tank and all the fish and rock in a stock tank in either the basement or the garage. It also looks like I may have to move a QT, which I would rather not do, but I got an offer I simply cannot refuse. No spoilers, I’ll update if it goes through,:p. If it does then an upgrade definitely needs to happen sooner rather then later. I remember after my first child I downgraded to a smaller tank, why not do the opposite this time?:rolleyes:Here’s a pic I just took of the tank tonight with the blues on, it’s nice to see some color in there again, but can you say holy asterinas? I think see a pair of harlequins in my future lol.
F65642C8-0156-4882-8D7E-58CD4DC8102C.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One good thing about having most of the decor and non essential household items already packed up in preparation of the big move is that I now have room to set up the 20 gallon QT. I would have loved to put it in the living room, but that spot is currently home to a frequently used exerscaucer for the babe, so the spot between the China cabinet and baby swing that used to house a huge fake tree will do just fine.
9CC5D429-3516-45FD-BED0-639031ED0C24.jpeg

If you are wondering about the critter keeper, there is a pistol shrimp chilling in there until he molts. I didn’t have a heater small enough to not fry him so floating it seemed like a good idea to keep the temp up until the QT gets it’s surprise occupant, so far so good. I wonder what the algae clip is in there for?;):p

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a new resident in the QT, he is a special little guy that showed up looking just a bit different then the other diamond flasher wrasses. I was able to grab a few pics this morning now that he is moving about. FYI, this is not the secret, just a bonus lol.
B10E6226-98E8-4EA8-9065-4E8D423B50C6.jpeg
9CC6DB5F-BA4D-414B-89A6-A07F64591F66.jpeg

I wasn’t planning on taking him because I originally didn’t want to set up the QT before the move, but now it’s up so he had to come home from work with me. I can’t resist the special ones! I think I’ll call him Alfalfa. I was hoping the pistol shrimp would molt before I brought him home so I could keep the top closed. Sure enough when I got home there was a fresh molt so he went into the display to hopefully pair up with the goby.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s time! The surprise fish has finally been caught and made an hour trip back to its temporary home in the QT. I am excited to introduce the newest member of the Rescue Reef, a purple Harold who will be called Barbara!
5EC1C1D5-9236-4E5C-8F04-A9188C0EED63.jpeg

Those spots are on the glass, but she has a VERY severe case of HLLE, even worse then Harold’s was when I got him. She is tiny but obviously a fighter and 10 minutes into the QT she was chomping on nori. I will give her a few days to make sure she is eating well(the wrasse is a pig so no worries there) before I do a wc and throw the medicine cabinet at them.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back