Reefsicle aquarium frozen fish food dispenser

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at this and would like to know is anyone has tried it?
Thx Phil

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Phil,

No experience with it myself, however the biggest issue I could see is that you can only make four "popsicles" at a time (without spending extra money). For me, the idea of defrosting my fish food only to refreeze it every four days seems like a chore. I think a better idea would be to allow the hobbyist to make a larger quantity, say 30 or 60 at a time. It's not exactly this, but I use something similar to this , that allows me to meal prep for my tank.

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Phil,

No experience with it myself, however the biggest issue I could see is that you can only make four "popsicles" at a time (without spending extra money). For me, the idea of defrosting my fish food only to refreeze it every four days seems like a chore. I think a better idea would be to allow the hobbyist to make a larger quantity, say 30 or 60 at a time. It's not exactly this, but I use something similar to this , that allows me to meal prep for my tank.
Thanks for checking it out and giving me that link looks like they are all fresh water but interesting. I am just checking it out as I am always interested in different ways to do things. right now I'm thinking it might be better for someone who has a bigger tank and more fish.
But it dose surprise me that I've had this posted for a few days and your the only one who commented on it I actually thought someone might have tried it

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still surprises me that not alot of reefers have heard about this. And your comment on the amount of popsicles is right. But like I said it seems like I'm the only one that found the concept worth checking out.
o experience with it myself, however the biggest issue I could see is that you can only make four "popsicles" at a time (without spending extra money). For me, the idea of defrosting my fish food only to refreeze it every four days seems like a chore. I think a better idea would be to allow the hobbyist to make a larger quantity, say 30 or 60 at a time. It's not exactly this, but I use something similar to this , that allows me to meal prep for my tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back