REEFSICLE Automatic frozen food dispenser...

Does an automatic frozen food dispenser interest you?

• Yes

Votes: 478 64.5%
  • Not really

Votes: 263 35.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My good buddy Hernando Rocha recently posted about this item he picked up from RAP Orlando and said it was ok if I shared. This is what he said.

Picked up a new gadget for the tank at Reefapalooza Orlando.REEFSICLE Automatic frozen food dispenser. Its a slow release of frozen food that allows fish to graze for up to 8hrs with a single serving. The directions called for RO water as the liquid but I'm trying Reef Nutrition liquid foods on one tray and RO on the other tray...... I mounted the cup on the sump and the return pump will shoot the food in to the tank.......I can see using the cup when I'm out of town and the popsicles takes the food prepping or food amount guessing game out of the equation, all my tank sitter has to do is to take the frozen silicone cup and a popsicle out of the freezer and drop it in to the Reefsicle and walk away.... lets see if it works.

What do you guys think about it and are you willing to give it a try?

56890441_10157114896282692_4267642937401147392_n.jpg

56764489_10157114896222692_324443349958262784_n.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I can’t really see the need for this as it stands at the moment. Yes it might be helpful for feeding frozen food to some fish like maybe anthias, but mine will eat dry pellets from an auto feeder like Apex. This gets filled about once every 6 weeks so fully covers any holiday periods and will do multiple feedings if needed.

If they can add a mini freezer to keep it frozen for a few weeks, then they would be onto a winner, and I would buy one straight away, but my initial thoughts are it’s just another gadget.

Just my personal thoughts but I’m interested in what everyone else thinks.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have mentioned, the addition of a power cord would add two important options. Both would make me much more likely to whip out the credit card.

I'm super busy weekdays and love things like my ATO that just need weekend attention. It would be much more interesting to me if I only had to load it once a week.

It would then function as a vacation feeder, which would greatly add to it's usefulness.

As it stands now, it's a near miss for me. I hope he continues to develop it though...

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely love something that somehow let you auto feed frozen foods. These though, isnt really what I would want. I would call this more of a slow or extended feeder rather than an automatic feeder. I want something I can stock maybe once a week and it feeds frozen... unfortunately that would basically require a dippin dots vending machine so how built into my canopy. haha.

I do love the labels on the sump though. I had a good laugh. Just need to add a label out side of the sump on the floor that reads "She's going to kill me"

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I can’t really see the need for this as it stands at the moment. Yes it might be helpful for feeding frozen food to some fish like maybe anthias, but mine will eat dry pellets from an auto feeder like Apex. This gets filled about once every 6 weeks so fully covers any holiday periods and will do multiple feedings if needed.

If they can add a mini freezer to keep it frozen for a few weeks, then they would be onto a winner, and I would buy one straight away, but my initial thoughts are it’s just another gadget.

Just my personal thoughts but I’m interested in what everyone else thinks.

My thoughts exactly. If it had some freezing technology that could dispense the food over the course of weeks when I leave my tank for vacation then I would find it more useful, otherwise, I'm around enough that I'd prefer to feed my tank by hand. Also, with all due respect to the product, as I haven't used it, I'm skeptical of all the cubes of food touching one another. I wonder if the feeder works in a way that prevents multiple cubes from sticking together and accidentally overdosing.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back