Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Getting the algae under control and tank is looking great. Found bryopsis in the tank and raised the Magnesium to up over 1600 this last week and it’s starting to wilt away.

Enjoying the fish room and looking forward to the frag tank build once my capacity frees up. Have a lot going on right now but I’m also in no hurry. I much prefer taking my time on builds and getting things the way I want them versus rushing through it just to get the tank wet.
Here are some evening shots…
IMG_6780.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6777.jpeg
Love this setup, bro!

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
✂️ Day 16 of Fluconazole treatment to kill off Bryopsis and some sort of nuisance turf algae = SUCCESS!

I first started trying to beat Bryopsis with raising magnesium to up over 1600 which helped to slow down the growth rate but it just wasn’t enough.

After posting about it a lot of you recommended a Fluconazole treatment… so I gave it a shot. THANK YOU! It was wildly successful.

The first pic is from day 4 of dosing and the second is at day 16 (today).

Fight Bryopsis with Fluconazole:
*Blue Life USA FluxRx 2000mg - https://amzn.to/3qg7hkU
Blue Life USA Fish Flux RX 4000mg - https://amzn.to/3IoUsuU
Reef Flux - https://amzn.to/3IpRoi2

IMG_7841.jpeg

IMG_7842.jpeg

#fluconazole #bryopsis #reefstache #turfalgae #howtokillbryopsis #howtokillturfalgae #fluxrx #bryopsisalgae

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
✂️ Day 16 of Fluconazole treatment to kill off Bryopsis and some sort of nuisance turf algae = SUCCESS!

I first started trying to beat Bryopsis with raising magnesium to up over 1600 which helped to slow down the growth rate but it just wasn’t enough.

After posting about it a lot of you recommended a Fluconazole treatment… so I gave it a shot. THANK YOU! It was wildly successful.

The first pic is from day 4 of dosing and the second is at day 16 (today).

Fight Bryopsis with Fluconazole:
*Blue Life USA FluxRx 2000mg - https://amzn.to/3qg7hkU
Blue Life USA Fish Flux RX 4000mg - https://amzn.to/3IoUsuU
Reef Flux - https://amzn.to/3IpRoi2

IMG_7841.jpeg

IMG_7842.jpeg

#fluconazole #bryopsis #reefstache #turfalgae #howtokillbryopsis #howtokillturfalgae #fluxrx #bryopsisalgae
Yep! I've used it before. It works!!

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
✂️ Day 20 of Fluconazole treatment to kill off Bryopsis and some sort of nuisance turf algae.

In combination with the raised magnesium I have dosed a half dose of FluxRx 2000mg and a half dose of ReefFlux which equates to a full dose of “Fluconazole”.

Just started skimming again and tossed in some carbon.

On Monday I’ll begin doing daily 2-3g water changes to start bringing down the magnesium and to dilute the fluc treatment.

Rock is looking great and now just looking for that balance again.

IMG_7904.jpeg
IMG_7905.jpeg
IMG_7903.jpeg

Issues found: my wall hammers and Blueberry gorg did not like the fluc treatment and raised magnesium. (Maybe just one or combination of both - no way to tell). ‍ I Lost the hammer in the middle directly below the yellow tang:

IMG_7902.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding time… the yellow tangs and blue tang are growing so fast!!
Finally got all of the Lyretail damsels out and adding some new fish. (Will update again soon)

IMG_0026.png

IMG_0027.png

IMG_0028.png
Always love seeing the updates on your tank!

ajax969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build, definitely adds some things to the "if I ever do another tank" list.
Took me about half the thread to realize the smaller piece of "rock" in the middle/left was a moustache haha
I assume that was something you had made? I didn't see it mentioned in the thread anywhere.

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Amazing build, definitely adds some things to the "if I ever do another tank" list.
Took me about half the thread to realize the smaller piece of "rock" in the middle/left was a moustache haha
I assume that was something you had made? I didn't see it mentioned in the thread anywhere.
Thanks for the kind words. It was my goal to inspire others with this build. 100! The mustache rock was sent to me by the owner “Baz” from Dream Aquascapes. He custom made it for me and does some amazingly sculpted full tank scapes.

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The corals are really starting to fill in the empty spots in the reef tank.

Some pics of the reef tank! Let me know if you have any questions - I’m always happy to share info and help with your own reef tank journey. :)

IMG_0475.png

IMG_0487.png

IMG_0479.png

IMG_0484.png

IMG_0483.png

Love viewing the tank from the end. 100! You can see the background led lights in this shot.
IMG_0485.png

I like this perspective on the tank and love the variety of corals shown. :)
IMG_0480.png

We named the regal blue tang “Rip” after one of the characters from the “Yellowstone” series. He’s a rowdy fish and slaps everything with his tail. lol So much so that he doesn’t have any razors on either side. lol
IMG_0477.png

Fish are growing fast. We have 3 yellow tangs and 1 blue tang growing strong. It’s amazing how fast they grow. Check out the growth on that Bright Lights Acropora from Low Tide Corals. It was just a stick when we got it!
IMG_0478.png

Zoas and Palys are jamming!
IMG_0482.png

Love this captive bred Link’s Goby from Biota. Dude is always cleaning the sand and doesn’t make a mess with it.
IMG_0476.png

The entire build is also documented on my YouTube channel - thanks for subscribing! LINK: https://www.youtube.com/@ReefStash

#reefstash#reefstash

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tank is thriving. Are you done stocking with fish.
Thank you! Definitely not done stocking fish. Had some setbacks with the Lyretail damsel school that basically took out half my fish when they began nesting and became aggressive to everything else in the tank. Here are some of the fish on my wishlist:

SwallowTail Angelfish
Pink Square Anthias (TRIO)
Molly Miller Blenny (aiptasia eater)
Blotched Anthias
Radial Filefishv
Black Storm Clownfish (PAIR)
Royal Gramma Basslet x1

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We had a shipment of more captive bred fish from Biota come in a week ago. Here’s a quick view of the ones that came in:

- Palau Mandarin fish (PAIR)
- Marine Betta (PAIR)
- Blue Streak Cleaner Wrasse x1
- Yellow Watchman Goby x1
- Link’s Goby x1
- Dragon Goby x1
- Upside Down Goby x1
- Baun’s Goby x1

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back