BRS

reefstarterpack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Since I finally got my tank I figured I’d go ahead and start a build thread to document my process and what all I have acquired and plan to get as well as my progress to get opinions from you fine people.
So far I’ve gotten my tank, 25 gallons of instant ocean saltwater from my LFS and 5 gallons of RODI water. I’ve ordered a AI Nero 3, Innovative Marine Helio 100 watt heater, Caribsea South Seas Base Rock 30lbs, and Caribsea Agra Alive Special Grade Reef sand 20lbs
So far I’ve got the tank filled with tap water for a leak test and make sure the pump etc works correctly so far so good on that and just kind of waiting for everything else to come in to the mail. My tank stocking ideas so far are a pair of clowns, a yellow watchman goby and a candy cane pistol shrimp. Very excited to get everything going. Once my tank is cycled with the Fritz Zyme 9 and Fritz Fishless Fuel I’ve purchased I will order the AI Prime 16HD and mount and get some fishies

4770B45A-7F7A-4AAE-AA00-176018E4470A.jpeg

OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rate my aqua scape and see if you see anything that needs to be changed. First time ever doing this so I’m sure it’s not perfect but 25lbs of base rock are in the tank.

Sorry looks like you can’t upload videos here so I put it on my channel.

Last edited:
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would break those rocks up > get some thin super glue from glue masters > crush up some rock powder > make a creative scape. Tidal gardens has a good one and there are a couple more. It’s a fun project and you will be proud of it. I’ve made one so if you decide to do it and need any pointers, let me know. Will for sure follow your build either way!

OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have
I would break those rocks up > get some thin super glue from glue masters > crush up some rock powder > make a creative scape. Tidal gardens has a good one and there are a couple more. It’s a fun project and you will be proud of it. I’ve made one so if you decide to do it and need any pointers, let me know. Will for sure follow your build either way!
I have this reef cement. Would this work? What about the scape needs changing? I see it’s just a bunch of rocks stacked up so I’m thinking I just need to be more creative?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 14

cconnolly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m much more happier with this :)

AECB1AFA-C773-4910-9327-E82248905349.jpeg
I think that will make you way happier than your first attempt. Looking nice

Make sure to get a PAR meter to map your lighting so you can understand how to best place your corals.

OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think that will make you way happier than your first attempt. Looking nice

Make sure to get a PAR meter to map your lighting so you can understand how to best place your corals.
Thanks! Once I start adding corals I will pick up a par meter.

Click to join now!
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I went ahead and redone my rock scape. After some reading the 1lb per gallon of live rock isn’t set in stone and I’m using base rock so it would be a good deal lighter then base rock. Once the cloudiness dissipates I will post new pics. I used about 15lbs of base rock for this and there’s a lot better flow so detritus won’t build up.

BRS

When was the last time you had a sick fish in your saltwater reef aquarium?

• I have a sick fish now

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • It's been a few months

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • It's been over six months

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Almost a year

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Over a Year

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Between a year and two years

Votes: 11 7.2%