Reefstarterpacks Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon Build

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I finally got my tank I figured I’d go ahead and start a build thread to document my process and what all I have acquired and plan to get as well as my progress to get opinions from you fine people.
So far I’ve gotten my tank, 25 gallons of instant ocean saltwater from my LFS and 5 gallons of RODI water. I’ve ordered a AI Nero 3, Innovative Marine Helio 100 watt heater, Caribsea South Seas Base Rock 30lbs, and Caribsea Agra Alive Special Grade Reef sand 20lbs
So far I’ve got the tank filled with tap water for a leak test and make sure the pump etc works correctly so far so good on that and just kind of waiting for everything else to come in to the mail. My tank stocking ideas so far are a pair of clowns, a yellow watchman goby and a candy cane pistol shrimp. Very excited to get everything going. Once my tank is cycled with the Fritz Zyme 9 and Fritz Fishless Fuel I’ve purchased I will order the AI Prime 16HD and mount and get some fishies

4770B45A-7F7A-4AAE-AA00-176018E4470A.jpeg

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also I forgot to add I also ordered a Tunze 9152 Osmolator ATO and will use one of the 5 gallon jugs as a storage tank for top off water.

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe SPS down the road but for now just some good beginner corals like Zoas, Xenias maybe a easy to care for bubble anemone, some frogspawn, I haven’t really made up my mind yet.we had a freak snowstorm last week and it’s delayed all my packages :mad:

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rate my aqua scape and see if you see anything that needs to be changed. First time ever doing this so I’m sure it’s not perfect but 25lbs of base rock are in the tank.

Sorry looks like you can’t upload videos here so I put it on my channel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at other tanks I’m thinking this isn’t gonna be what I want, what’s others opinions?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would break those rocks up > get some thin super glue from glue masters > crush up some rock powder > make a creative scape. Tidal gardens has a good one and there are a couple more. It’s a fun project and you will be proud of it. I’ve made one so if you decide to do it and need any pointers, let me know. Will for sure follow your build either way!

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have
I would break those rocks up > get some thin super glue from glue masters > crush up some rock powder > make a creative scape. Tidal gardens has a good one and there are a couple more. It’s a fun project and you will be proud of it. I’ve made one so if you decide to do it and need any pointers, let me know. Will for sure follow your build either way!
I have this reef cement. Would this work? What about the scape needs changing? I see it’s just a bunch of rocks stacked up so I’m thinking I just need to be more creative?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that will make you way happier than your first attempt. Looking nice

Make sure to get a PAR meter to map your lighting so you can understand how to best place your corals.
Thanks! Once I start adding corals I will pick up a par meter.

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a Petco with some Seachem Reef glue that will be better than the putty imo so I can get it put together tonight.

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She’s filled with saltwater and added some Fishless fuel and when it gets to temp will add Fritz Zyme 9 :)

Attachments

• 3B163186-5DBB-4255-9490-9E1D65370854.jpeg
    3B163186-5DBB-4255-9490-9E1D65370854.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And apparently the heater doesn’t like being in the return pump section as I keep getting code E5 so I’m going to move to the other section like in the manual. I was really hoping it would work

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some additional pics of the tank from the sides.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and redone my rock scape. After some reading the 1lb per gallon of live rock isn’t set in stone and I’m using base rock so it would be a good deal lighter then base rock. Once the cloudiness dissipates I will post new pics. I used about 15lbs of base rock for this and there’s a lot better flow so detritus won’t build up.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back