Official entry is done! ✔
Reef2Reefers!!! Come join a MONTH of FUN in REEFTIDE'S DREAM TANK GIVEAWAY where you could WIN a $5,000+ DREAM TANK SYSTEM!! We are so excited to team up with REEFTIDE to give you the opportunity to take home a complete Red Sea system FOR FREE!! We have 31 different challenges for you to complete, and each one brings you closer to victory! You don't have to complete every challenge to enter but the more you do complete the more chances you have of winning.
- You must complete the Official Entry before completing any of the daily or bonus entries. We will verify the official entry before confirming the winner, so DO NOT miss that step!
- Each daily entry is ONLY valid for the day assigned. Once that day has passed, the opportunity for that entry is GONE!
- Be sure to make a post in this thread for each and every entry requirement you meet (this is important since we will be using a random number generator to pick the winning post).
- You must be 18 and living in the continental United States to enter. (We hate this for those living outside the continental US, but we have to have this rule due to the shipping costs of this prize.)
- For our general contest rules and disclaimers that apply to all of our R2R Giveaways, CLICK HERE!
Official Entry: (required to enter) Subscribe to our ReefTide's Dream Tank Giveaway mailing list. CLICK HERE! Then make a post in this thread telling us you're subscribed. This is your first entry!
Once you're signed up, we'll send you a reminder each day to be sure you're making your daily entries!
GET MORE ENTRIES EACH DAY!! Each day we have a different challenge for you to add up entries for more chances to win the Red Sea system! We've created a calendar of these entry challenges below, but you will also receive an email each day reminding you to get your entry in! Once you've completed the daily entry challenge, be sure to come back and make a post in this thread so we can count your entry. You don't have to complete these challenges to enter but the more you complete the higher your chances are of winning!
Your Calendar of Entry Challenges:
Don't forget to post in this thread every time you complete a challenge.
July 8 - Check out the REEFTIDE website and tell us your favorite coral you find there!
July 9 - Visit REEFTIDE's "COLLECTION" thread and tell us which is your favorite! (It's updated twice a month!)
July 10 - Today REEFTIDE is holding their first LIVE SALE on REEF2REEF!! Pop in and say "Hi!" Let us know if you pick up something from the sale!! (Don't forget to make a post in this thread for your entry.) REEFTIDE's FIRST EVER LIVE SALE! 7/10/21 1000+ CORALS, FREEBIES, $5/$10 AND MORE!
July 11 - Start a new thread in any of our general forums (not marketplace, local, or sponsor forums) about any reefing topic you'd like. Not sure how to start a thread? We're glad you asked. CLICK HERE!
July 12 - Follow REEFTIDE on Instagram!
July 13 - Update your build thread! (If you don't have a build thread, you can start one HERE.) Btw, you should also get your "Build Thread Contributor" badge! CLICK HERE to see how!!
July 14 - Tag a friend in REEFTIDE's Instagram post about this contest! Click Here!
July 15 - Check out our Site Supporters perks and tell us what your favorite perk is for site supporters (or post an idea for a new perk). CLICK HERE!
July 16 - Share this contest on any social media platform of your choice (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
July 17 - Like REEFTIDE's FB Page!
July 18 - Check out the "Trending" page and make a post in one of the trending topics. CLICK HERE!
July 19 - Tag a friend in REEFTIDE's Facebook post about this contest! Click Here!
July 20 - Update your build thread! (If you don't have a build thread, you can start one HERE.)
July 21 - Tag a member of Reef2Reef that you are super thankful for! You do that by add the @ symbol in front of their username. So for REEFTIDE it would be the @ then revhtree. It would look like this once complete: @REEFTIDE
July 22 - Like R2R on Facebook.
July 23 - Check out our Reef Conservation Partners and tell us one thing you learn! (Btw, if you've got a favorite conservation organization you think we should partner with, let us know HERE!
July 24 - Post a FTS (full tank shot) poto in our 2021 FTS pics thread. CLICK HERE!
July 25 - Do you know about REEFTIDE's Refund Your Reef Monthly Giveaway? It's basically FREE MONEY! Check it out and make a post in this thread about why you like it, or what you'd pick up from their website and hope to get refunded.
July 26 - Share this contest on any social media platform of your choice (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
July 27 - Update your build thread! (If you don't have a build thread, you can start one HERE.)
July 28 - Follow R2R on Instagram.
July 29 - Start a new thread in any of our general forums (not marketplace, local, or sponsor forums) about any reefing topic you'd like. Not sure how to start a thread? We're glad you asked. CLICK HERE!
July 30 - Post a FTS (full tank shot) photo of your aquarium in our Friday FTS photo thread.
July 31 - Make a comment in REEFTIDE's "Absolutely INSANE Eye Candy" thread and tell us which piece is your favorite so far!
Btw...today is the last day of the month...might be a good day to place an order and see if you win tomorrow'S REEFTIDE Refund Your Reef...
August 1 - Post a fun animated GIF in this thread! Don't know what that is? Look HERE!
August 2 - Start a poll about any reefing topic of interest to you. Not sure how to start a poll on Reef2Reef? Well, we've got a tutorial that will be helpful. CLICK HERE!
August 3 - Share this contest on any social media platform of your choice (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
August 4 - Check out the REEFTIDE website and tell us what coral you like most and why. CLICK HERE!
August 5 - Like and comment on the most recent post on REEFTIDE'S Facebook or Instagram!
August 6 - Update your build thread! (If you don't have a build thread, you can start one HERE.)
August 7 - LAST DAY TO ENTER!! Pick any of our previous contest entries and do it again!!
ADDITIONAL BONUS ENTRIES:
Entries will be accepted through August 7th. We will choose the winner via a random number generator on August 8th. The winner will have his or her username tagged. We will not email or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
- Get one bonus entry for any purchase made during the contest from the REEFTIDE website! (You'll also get a free entry into REEFTIDE'S Refund Your Reef giveaway!) Make a post in this thread with the date your order was placed.
- BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.
One Red Sea Grand Prize Valued at $2000+
Reefer 250 ($1644 value)
2x EcoTech Radion XR30 G5 Pro ($890 value each)Red Sea’s REEFER series of reef systems provide advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium.
The REEFER series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system including a professional refugium ready sump with integrated automatic top-up and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system.
The REEFER series is designed for ease of operation while enabling the advanced hobbyist to install an unlimited choice of lighting, filtration, circulation, and controllers to create a uniquely customized system.
- Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant, marine-spec, laminated, plywood cabinet with adjustable feet
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
- Professional refugium ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber *
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- RO liter reservoir that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance. (not for 3XL900)
- 90cm (36″) long/250 liter (65 gal) capacity
Radions are the standard in aquarium lighting for a reason. Each generation has built upon the successful results of the last, incorporating the latest in design and technology to bring us a state-of-the-art light that blends proven results with greater ease of use. Ecotech Marine has spent significant time and effort in developing and testing lighting programs, such as the popular SPS AB+, that deliver maximum results from their fixtures and bring out the best in our corals.
- Flexible Spectral Output
- PAR at the Ranges Needed
- More Even Spread
- Overall 35% More Light
- Beautiful Caustics
- Smooth Color Mixing
- 10 Channels
- Proven Halide Spectrum and Previous Pro Spectrum
- Wireless Mobius App control—No extra equipment
Next Level Color
Color from the G5 is impressive. Blue or Pro, your coral will pop. With the G5 Pro, you get a more even distribution of spectrum for a balanced and natural lighting setup that can emulate metal halide output. G5 brings speed of growth, intensity of fluorescence, and nuance of color rendition to new heights. Crafted with the best LEDs, the optimized output from next-generation HEI Optics, and more color channels, Gen 5 is in a class of its own.
Beyond Peak PAR
More powerful than ever before, the Radion lineup delivers more coverage per fixture. The Radion’s optical system provides smooth color mixing, wide but even spread, and balanced intensity that fills the aquarium. The new single cluster design and optimized HEI Optics cut hot-spot PAR by 30% while providing 35% more total output. In the aquarium, this translates to more usable light over more area, creating the widest possible ideal par from your coral.
Advanced Heat Management
EcoTech Marine aims to produce the most minimally intrusive reef aquarium equipment available. The G5 continues to showcase Radion’s sleek styling and small footprint, but is now even quieter. A completely redesigned fan and newly evolved heatsink cool the Gen 5 more efficiently, allowing the fan to run at lower speeds. Your ears will notice a difference.
The Generation 5 sets the mood with two dedicated low output moonlight LEDs, each on an independently controllable channel.
More colors mean more channels, and with Mobius, programming and controlling your G5’s increased power is even easier and faster. Mobius means almost instant setup and programming. Local wireless control and programming can be accomplished with either current OS version iOS or Android smart device. Off-site WiFI control is missing from the G5 at launch but will be enabled in the near future. Once again, the Radion will set new standards for technologically advanced and innovative control.
- Maximum Spread: 32" x 32"
- Recommended Spread: 24" x 24"
- 24x Cool White
- 32x Royal Blue
- 16x Blue
- 4x Photo Red
- 6x Green
- 4x UV (405nm)
- 4x UV (415nm)
- 4x Violet
- 6x Warm White
- 2x Lunar Light
- Dimensions: 11.8" L x 7" W x 1.5" H
- Cable Length: 13 Feet
- Power Input: 100-240VAC 4.0A 50/60Hz
- Variable Usage (MAX): 215W
- XR30 G5 Pro Radion LED Fixture
- Power Supply
- Power Adapter Cable
- Microfiber Cloth
- Eyelet Mounts
- Quick Start Guide
2x RMS XR30 G5 Tank Mount System ($114 value each)
- Mounts a single Radion fixture
- Backwards compatible with all generations of Radion
- Position your Radion with the sliding extension bar
- Sleek design
- Easy set up
- Sturdy - won't bow
- Innovative clamp system
- Integrated Cord Management
- Aluminum construction
- Adjusts for fine tuning
- Grooves to hide cords
- Multiple extension rails included in kit for different tank sizes
- Maximum Tank/Trim Thickness: 1-3/8"
- Dimensions of clamp: 3.5" x 3.25" x 3"
- Clearance needed above RMS: 13"
Ecotech Vectra M2 ($412 value)
With some of the most advanced pump technology on the market, today Ecotech has stepped it up another notch. With the addition of Ecotech Marine's Mobius app compatibility, Vectra return pumps have never been more versatile or easier to use, and their QuietDrive technology keeps the noise of the pump to an absolute minimum in almost any application. The Vectra M2 can be used as a standard Return pump or Closed loop pump. When in a closed loop application you can utilize the same EcoSmart modes that made their Vortech pumps so outstanding.
- Mobius App Ready - No need for additional equipment to get wireless programming functionality. Connect directly to your iOS or Android device.
- Quiet Drive Technology
- Easy Maintenance with Quick Couplers
- Improved Thermal Management
- Controllable Flow up to 2000 GPH
- Closed Loop or Return Pump
Included with the Vectra Pump are QuickCouple components, these fitted couplers provide the flexibility to make installation, cleaning, and adjustments a breeze. The Vectra also boasts the ability to rotate the volute of the pump to adapt to the needs of your plumbing setup.
- Easy Connection
- Fast Setup
- Quick Disassembly
- Compatible with Standard PVC
Return Pump or Closed Loop
The Vectra can be installed and operated as either a return pump or as closed loop flow pump.
- Two distinct operational configurations
- Return Pump features calibration and Speed Lock
- Closed Loop features random and pulsing modes
Inline or Submersible
Vectra pumps feature a sealed motor and magnetic drive for internal and external operation as a return pump for Closed Loop flow. The Vectra’s flexibility will fit your needs for just about any setup that you wish to achieve.
The Vectra driver features EcoTech’s QuietDrive technology.
- Choose between Return Pump or Closed Loop configuration
- Access Vectra operational modes including Feed Mode
- QD Technology minimizes DC motor noise
- Fully adjustable flow
- Wireless communication is Mobius App Ready
Mobius Communication & Programming
Access and program your Vectra pumps through your mobile device to access a myriad of features. A defining characteristic of EcoTech equipment is the versatility and power of control offered to the aquarium hobbyist. The Mobius app is packaging all this capability in a way that makes programming and control intuitive, quick, and painless.
*Input and output fitting are compatible with standard PVC pipe.
- Max Flow: 2000 GPH
- Max Head Height: 21.5 Feet
- Footprint: 4.5" L x 7.5" W
- Input Fitting*: 1.25" (31.75mm)
- Output Fitting*: 1" (25mm)
- Power Supply: 96W
- 1x Vectra M2 Mobius Ready DC Pump
- 1x Vectra QuietDrive Driver
- 1x Driver Mounting Bracket
- 1x Power Supply
- 1x Input Quick Coupler
- 1x Output Quick Coupler
- 1x Driver Mounting Bracket
- 1x Instructional Manual
2x Ecotech Vortech MP40 ($399.99 value)
- Mobius App Ready - No need for additional equipment to get wireless programming functionality. Connect directly to your iOS or Android device.
- Create massive water movement - Adjustable flow rates with included controller allow you to dial in a setting that is tailored to your aquarium
- No hot spots - With its broad flow pattern, the VorTech QuietDrive eliminates "flow hot spots"
- Three-dimensional flow - A unique patented design is unrivaled in creating three-dimensional flow conditions and gyres
- Comprehensive flow modes - 12 different flow modes allow you to choose the best setting for happy corals and fish
- Ultra low-profile design - With its patented design, the VorTech QuietDrive is the least visually obtrusive pump on the market
- Safe - No electrical components in the aquarium greatly reduces the risk of electrical shock to you or your animals.
Multiple Flow Modes
Simulating a low-energy lagoon. The QuietDrive motor slowly changes, recreating the gentle currents of a lagoon environment.
Reef Crest Mode
Simulating currents found around high energy reefs. The pump changes speed frequently emulating crashing waves and tidal surges.This is a great mode for SPS corals.
Uniform circular flow creates motions that help transports water from one side of the tank to the other. With two pumps paired in Gyre Mode, you can oscillate between a clockwise and counterclockwise gyre that lasts from 2 seconds to 2 hours.
Short Pulse Mode
Strong short pulses that can be set at intervals of 0.2 seconds up to 2 seconds. This mode can create a standing wave in your tank with the correct frequency.
Tidal Swell Mode
A harmonic balance of the ever changing conditions found in the ocean. TSM will vary from calm flow all the way up to chaotic high flow and it even has a pre-programmed detritus cleaning surge that will help suspend particles to be swept into the filtration system.
Nutrient Transport Mode
NTM is programmed to create a two-phase circulation flow mode. Phase one consists of wave motions to help stir up and suspend detritus while the second phase incorporates surging motions to help push particles towards the overflow and down into the filter system. This is our favorite mode and is especially great for sensitive corals like LPS and SPS.
Pause all of your wireless Ecotech Pumps at the push of a button. Pumps will turn down to an idle speed allowing you to feed your tank without the food being pushing into rocks or into the filtration system.
Simulate a calmer environment for night time hours. Night Mode can be enabled or disabled with custom hours programmed to automatically turn on and off.
Wave Auto Tune Mode
Create a standing wave in your aquarium to help sweep detritus and other foreign particles from the sandbed. It is amazing what will magically float out of the rocks when a standing wave is created. We highly suggest pairing two wireless pumps for this mode to get the full effect!
Access and program your Vortech pumps through your mobile device to access a myriad of features. A defining characteristic of EcoTech equipment is the versatility and power of control offered to the aquarium hobbyist. The Mobius app is packaging all this capability in a way that makes programming and control intuitive, quick, and painless.
$500 Gift Card to REEFTIDE.COM
Thank you everyone for joining the fun, and a big thanks to @REEFTIDE for such a wonderful prize!