Refer 625 G2 cycle update and question

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to go through various ugly phases over the first 6 month even out to the first year. I wouldn't add to much coral to quick because tank stability is difficult in a new tank and that makes corals struggle. Fish can manage.

In a big tank like that you will eventually need a sizeable cleaner crew. You will want a couple turbos and tuxedo urchins. At least 15 trochus snails, maybe 20 cerith and 20 nassarius snails too. I added scarlet leg hermits to mine also. You may want one conch for yours also.

These can be added as needed to avoid to many to soon.

OP
OP
Reefdiculous22

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to go through various ugly phases over the first 6 month even out to the first year. I wouldn't add to much coral to quick because tank stability is difficult in a new tank and that makes corals struggle. Fish can manage.

In a big tank like that you will eventually need a sizeable cleaner crew. You will want a couple turbos and tuxedo urchins. At least 15 trochus snails, maybe 20 cerith and 20 nassarius snails too. I added scarlet leg hermits to mine also. You may want one conch for yours also.

I was definitely thinking of a conch. I haven’t heard to much about the Scarlet leg crab most ppl push the blue. I am done adding corals and fish. I have the 2 zoa. 1 richordia shroom. 1 rodachtis shroom, 1 blasto merleti, 1 Duncan , and 1 acan. Same for fish. I have 1 sailfin tang, 1 lt. tang, 2 clownfish, 2 pajama cardinals . And 1 roseband fairy wrasse. I’m taking the foxface back. How do I know when to add more fish or do you think that’s enough for my tank size?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was definitely thinking of a conch. I haven’t heard to much about the Scarlet leg crab most ppl push the blue. I am done adding corals and fish. I have the 2 zoa. 1 richordia shroom. 1 rodachtis shroom, 1 blasto merleti, 1 Duncan , and 1 acan. Same for fish. I have 1 sailfin tang, 1 lt. tang, 2 clownfish, 2 pajama cardinals . And 1 roseband fairy wrasse. I’m taking the foxface back. How do I know when to add more fish or do you think that’s enough for my tank size?
Well your tank is big enough for more fish but again patience is key. Let the bacteria develop to handle the current bioload and add fish maybe one or two every 3 weeks or month. You have to be aware of the types of fish you add and mix together and their levels of aggression. Some fish get hugely territorial and will kill new fish added to the tank. Research a lot about what you have and what you would like to add.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back