Reffetsevla's two sided Mixed reef, IM 20g Fusion Pro

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First tank in several years (First ever was in 2007), I made the cardinal sin of choosing a smaller tank, and I have already started planning the upgrade, should be about September when I start piecing that together, will be a 75g Innovative Marine INT. For now, the IM 20g Fusion Pro (first gen) will be the grow out tank. Planned on moving everything over but I may not, and just snip the corals and move those or something. We'll see. I may just frag out of this one and keep them both going. Undecided yet.

For now, here's the build:

Primary Equipment
Tank: Innovative Marine 20g Fusion Pro
Established: 1/1/22
Lighting: NICREW 150w w/ controller (Started with a WILLS 165w black box light, swapped a little bit ago as I wanted more control on the light)
Flow: Return pump + MP10W
Dosing Pump: X1 Bluetooth Micro Pumps (x3)
Dosing: All for Reef, Seachem Flourish Phosphorus, Brightwell NeoNitro
UV: Innovative Marine 9w UV Sterilizer
Heating: Finnex 150w w/ analog controller set to 80, Inkbird controller that is plugged into set to 79 (in case inkbird ever sticks on the Finnex controller should kill it)
Skimmer: Reef-Glass Air Stone skimmer (modified)

Other Equip
Pinpoint PH Monitor
2nd media tower in left chamber
InTank Fuge in right chamber
LED Grow Bulb from Home Depot w/ clamp light
Tunze Nano ATO

Misc
Air line for skimmer run outside to help keep pH up
Fuge on opposite photoperiod than DT lights as well
ATO has RO/DI line fed directly to it with float switch, I check TDS monthly

Tank went through a pretty nasty ugly period which I probably lengthened while learning some new things. Went from GHA to Dinos then back to GHA. Once I figured out a method that worked for me to get that in check (UV, Blue Lights only, raise PO4 to elevated levels so other bacteria didn't starve out) it was under control in a week or so. I've since added probably wayyyyy more coral than a sane person would (40 at the moment, plans to add 2-3 more). Dialing in the dosing has been pretty easy though, never used pumps before and sorely wish I would've now lol

Livestock
2x Wyoming White Clownfish (bonding)
1x Yellow Watchman Goby
1x Red Dragonet
1x Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp
2x Peppermint Shrimp
1x Emerald Crab
~15-18 various snails (Astrea, Cerith, Margarita)

Coral
Dragon Eye Zoas
Green Frogspawn
Green Yuma Ricordea
Playboy Bunny Zoa
Daisy Cutter Zoa
Utter Chaos Paly
Gobstopper Paly
Scrambled Egg Zoa
Duncans
Kryptonite Zoa
Bam Bam Zoa
Orange Yuma Ricordea
Vamp in Drag Zoa
King Midas Zoa
Snitches Zoa
Purple Stylo
Superman Monti
Forest Fire Digi
Rainbow Stylo
Bali Green Slimer
Electric Oompa Loompa Zoa
Purple Hornet Zoa
Tubbs Blue Zoa
The Vinh Acro
Purple Nana Acro
Green Pocillipora
Pink Caddilac Acro
Milka Stylophora
Yellow Tort
ORA Pearlberry Acro
Bubble Gum Digi
Aqua Man Monti
Fruity Pebble Monti
ASD Peaches & Cream Milli
Fruit Loops Zoa
Rastas Zoa
NIrvana Zoa
Werewolf Zoa
Aussie Gold Acro
Blue Zing Birdnest

Parameter Averages (excluding cycling parameters)
Salinity: 1.025
Ca: 440
Alk: 8.5
PO4: 0.06
NO3: 12
pH: 7.8 - 8.3

Tossed in some photo's I had but I'll try to get some better one's with the filters too to show some of the coral more.

IMG_0020.JPEG IMG_0023.JPEG IMG_0101.JPEG IMG_0136.JPEG IMG_0209.JPEG IMG_0214.JPEG IMG_0278.JPEG IMG_0291.JPEG IMG_0292.JPEG IMG_0314.JPEG IMG_0326.JPEG IMG_0372.JPEG IMG_0478.JPEG IMG_0480.JPEG IMG_0487.JPEG IMG_0490.JPEG IMG_0617.JPEG IMG_0619.JPEG IMG_0647.JPEG IMG_0653.JPEG IMG_0670.JPEG IMG_0671.JPEG

OP
OP
R

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus one extremely curious black cat. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
That is Lulu (sons cat lol). She jumped into my tank one night about 3 months ago dislodging the big rock on the right, crushing a couple coral, and generally angering everything in it.

It was quite literally the only time I forgot to put the screen back ontop. However it did solve why I would wake up to water on TOP of the screen some mornings. I now have to shut the office door to keep her out, which causes airflow issues and drops my pH (which is why I ran the airline outside). I have to leave a window open pretty much always or that thing dives. If I got a venturi skimmer instead of airstone I think the airline outside would help more. The one I tried I couldn't get the microbubbles to stop. Might have to try another one.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is Lulu (sons cat lol). She jumped into my tank one night about 3 months ago dislodging the big rock on the right, crushing a couple coral, and generally angering everything in it.

It was quite literally the only time I forgot to put the screen back ontop. However it did solve why I would wake up to water on TOP of the screen some mornings. I now have to shut the office door to keep her out, which causes airflow issues and drops my pH (which is why I ran the airline outside). I have to leave a window open pretty much always or that thing dives. If I got a venturi skimmer instead of airstone I think the airline outside would help more. The one I tried I couldn't get the microbubbles to stop. Might have to try another one.
She's fishing! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back