Refractometer vs Hydrometer

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always used swing arms even when I worked in the hobby. The Fluval Evo 13.5 was the first tank that caused me to purchase a Refractometer. The evap is low on this tank but the way the weir functions along with the main display. The skimmer made it a whole lot more fun it’s difficult to know how much evap your getting. Well more than I thought I had a target salinity of 1.025. The refractometer calibrated showed 1.027. Easy to fix small tank a few points.

I know the debate will go on. But that just made a believer out of me. I’ll be using the refractometer from now on.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refractor meter is the best tool in the reef hobby !
Hydrometer is the best tool in the reef hobby!
Screenshot_20201025-120833.png
;)

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the floating ones were accurate. Just not trusting my swing arm anymore;)
Might be investing in an ATO. I had them on the Biocubes but I was skimmerless with an intank basket. This tank lol. Theirs either no evap or little and when you do your water change that skimmer could go dry sucking water up as it breaks back in. The weir on this Fluval is not forgiving. Lol. I might be plugging the hole and going with ATO and the skimmer in the trash can. It does work dialed in but it adds variables to routine maintenance for such a small tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back