Refugium Advice

Optek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a waterbox 40.2 that is pretty full and I'm not sure where to add a refugium. Not sure of that many HOB refugium a that fit on it, so was deciding on either modifying one of the intank media baskets and placing a grow light behind that chamber, or adding a chaeto reactor into either my gfo or chiller pump line. Looking for some advice on what might be the best option?

admiralmcstabby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 32 and use InTank's refugium basket and really like it. Easy to manage and grows Chaeto like crazy. I'm not too familiar with Waterbox tanks but it sounds like going that route may be the easiest?

BTW, unless it doesn't fit in your aquarium, InTank DOES make a refugium baskets specifically.

OP
OP
O

Optek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply, and yeah I already have the media basket ones that can be converted if you remove the middle trays. You think that's better than adding a reactor to my chiller or gfo line? What light would you recommend to clip on the back? Was debating on the Neptune gro light just to stay within that ecosystem and to use one of the 24v ports instead of another outlet since I'm limited.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back