Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So far I see a tiny bit of hair algae in the main display and perhaps my two tangs are keeping them in check. However, there are quit a bit of hair algae in the refugium and they’re growing or sticking on the grape chaeto.

My nitrate is at around 18 and phosphate is at around .10 by Hanna.

should I leave it or clean it?

17DBFCDD-6738-420B-9B61-BE8B1D918AB4.jpeg

Fritz
Corals.com

Bruce60

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have GHA in my refugium also, but none in the main display. It is so intertwined with my macroalgae that I would have to remove everything and start with clean macroalgae. I just harvest it like all the other macroalgae and call it a success.

OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have GHA in my refugium also, but none in the main display. It is so intertwined with my macroalgae that I would have to remove everything and start with clean macroalgae. I just harvest it like all the other macroalgae and call it a success.
I guess as long as it doesn’t get to the main display, it actually absorb the nitrate by the gha if I am not wrong

Bruce60

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I guess as long as it doesn’t get to the main display, it actually absorb the nitrate by the gha if I am not wrong
It had been in the main display before it was in the fuge. I think in the display it is outcompeted by coralline and corals, as well as consumed by algae eating critters. And yes, like any other macroalgae or plant, gha will take up nitrate and "consume" it.

BRS

ARE YOU PROUD OR EMBARRASSED OF YOUR REEF TANK?

• Proud

Votes: 224 58.0%
  • Embarrassed

Votes: 49 12.7%
  • Neither proud or embarrassed

Votes: 96 24.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 4.4%
Zoanthids.com