REG INSTANT OCEAN.... deal or no deal?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a few weeks away from doing a major rebuy of salt for 2023

Been seeing a lot of ads for 160g buckets of reg IO for $37.99 free pickup or free shipping

Good deal?
Wait for lower price?

>>>NOT A DEBATE ON THE USE OF IO.

YOU GET ALL DEBATEY ON CHOICES OF SALT, I'LL ASK FOR IT TO BE REMOVED<<<

....PLZ

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think I’ve seen a listed price lower than that. You might be able to get it cheaper from Petco, Petsmart, or Chewy if they offer an additional discount on Autoship. And if you want to get even cheaper yet, you can see if a site like Raise.com has discounted gift cards for one of those stores. I think last time I used autoship and a discount gift card to get it down to the low $20s.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If just needing a bucket or two I’d probably be willing to take that deal. If buying it in bulk I think I’d hold off, hoping to find a better deal.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through the major salt buy thing now as well and 37.99 for 160g bucket is close to the going price for a 200g box on auto order. Calculates out to 47.49 for 200g. So not a bad deal......but I don't need or want anymore buckets. I must have 15 or 20 buckets kicking around the house.

What bothers me is that my last major buy was a local LFS at $35 per 200 box...about a year and a half ago. I called them and that same box is now 55.....a 20 dollar increase....ouch!

The best I've found (other than the occasional sale) is through Amazon with auto reorder, with the first box at 49.38 (5 percent off) and eventually up to 15% off on future deliveries. That's where I'm a little fuzzy as to when the 15% kicks in.

The next best was Chewy auto reorder at the same price, 49.38.

With both Amazon and Chewy, free shipping. In the past I've purchased 5 or 6 cases and with one of these reorder deals I won't have to store all this salt. So I'm now leaning towards the Amazon thing. Got to decide within the next two weeks.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through the major salt buy thing now as well and 37.99 for 160g bucket is close to the going price for a 200g box on auto order. Calculates out to 47.49 for 200g. So not a bad deal......but I don't need or want anymore buckets. I must have 15 or 20 buckets kicking around the house.

What bothers me is that my last major buy was a local LFS at $35 per 200 box...about a year and a half ago. I called them and that same box is now 55.....a 20 dollar increase....ouch!

The best I've found (other than the occasional sale) is through Amazon with auto reorder, with the first box at 49.38 (5 percent off) and eventually up to 15% off on future deliveries. That's where I'm a little fuzzy as to when the 15% kicks in.

The next best was Chewy auto reorder at the same price, 49.38.

With both Amazon and Chewy, free shipping. In the past I've purchased 5 or 6 cases and with one of these reorder deals I won't have to store all this salt. So I'm now leaning towards the Amazon thing. Got to decide with the next two weeks.
I have gotten 39 for 200 gallon box..plus with black friday coming up..good possibliity of getting them in the low 30s if you can wait.

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a few weeks away from doing a major rebuy of salt for 2023

Been seeing a lot of ads for 160g buckets of reg IO for $37.99 free pickup or free shipping

Good deal?
Wait for lower price?

>>>NOT A DEBATE ON THE USE OF IO.

YOU GET ALL DEBATEY ON CHOICES OF SALT, I'LL ASK FOR IT TO BE REMOVED<<<

....PLZ
It's not a bad deal but I think you can find a better price for bulk IO salt. I get reef crystals buckets for just a tad less than that on auto-delivery from amazon. I've seen lower prices for the 200gal box of regular IO, as some mentioned. Do you care if it's the 200gal box instead of 160gal bucket?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back