OP
cshouston

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, what can be done with a fish with no eyes? Would it have to be euthanized? Not sure how you would get it to eat. Very sad..

I found a photo of her when she was having the eye problem. You can see her all the way to the right.. I know it is a girl because it spawns regularly.

BEF6DBDF-6B3C-4AA7-B660-B63B93B8156E.jpeg

I’ve only ever seen fish with one eye, so I’d imagine losing both would cause it to starve to death or meet some other sad end.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here it is. The label on the cube just says “South Asia” so not very descriptive, unfortunately.

SE Asia is the moniker that QM uses for fish from Indonesia or the Philippines. I'm surprised that it is eating so well, usually ones from that region do not. Maybe the supply chain in that region is improving?

Jay

OP
OP
cshouston

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SE Asia is the moniker that QM uses for fish from Indonesia or the Philippines. I'm surprised that it is eating so well, usually ones from that region do not. Maybe the supply chain in that region is improving?

Jay
One can hope they’re improving on their capture and transport practices!

It is definitely a strong feeder and will eat that entire cube of mysis in several minutes time!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chowing down well - just ensure there is no uneaten food left in there under the PVC, etc.

Jay

OP
OP
cshouston

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since I updated on this little fighter. I upgraded its QT tank to a larger, 20 gallon tank, increased feeding, reduced stressors as much as possible and stayed on top of the water quality. I’m happy to report that it’s about 80-90% recovered now. It still has a few spots of lymph, but they’ve reduced significantly. There’s also still a tiny bit of cloudiness/damage to the eyes, but it’s hard to see and will probably be totally healed soon as well. Thanks everyone for your help and advice; @Jay Hemdal especially!

27D012F1-7D8C-406D-823F-D85F1309419E.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since I updated on this little fighter. I upgraded its QT tank to a larger, 20 gallon tank, increased feeding, reduced stressors as much as possible and stayed on top of the water quality. I’m happy to report that it’s about 80-90% recovered now. It still has a few spots of lymph, but they’ve reduced significantly. There’s also still a tiny bit of cloudiness/damage to the eyes, but it’s hard to see and will probably be totally healed soon as well. Thanks everyone for your help and advice; @Jay Hemdal especially!

27D012F1-7D8C-406D-823F-D85F1309419E.jpeg
Wow! That fish sure is one tough fighter!
Jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back