OP
S

Stuginski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, is the regal still alive and had he recovered?
Hi Lswim, how are u?

Yes, he is alive and he is eating as usual again. After a week of starving and weird behavior but no other disease signs he started normal behavior and eating like a pig once again! I am happy with this but I still have some problems that I can't understand. Two of my clownfish also start acting weirdly, refusing any food and swimming weirdly. Again no signs of any other disease (brook, ich, Velvet,...). All other fish are well, all parameters in check but one of the clownfish died this weekend and I am deeply concerned with the other one that refuses any kind of food. I know there is sth wrong in my tank and I Just can't figure out what is happening :-/.

Best regards

D.

Last edited:

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lswim, how are u?

Yes, he is alive and he is eating as usual again. After a week of starving and weird behavior but no other disease signs he started normal behavior and eating like a pig once again! I am happy with this but I still have some problems that I can't understand. Two of my clownfish also start acting weirdly, refusing any food and swimming weirdly. Again no signs of any other disease (brook, ich, Velvet,...). All other fish are well, all parameters in check but one of the clownfish died this weekend and I am deeply concerned with the other one that refuses any kind of food. I know there is sth wrong in my tank and I Just can't figure out what is happening :-/.

Best regards

D.
Strange, exactly how min behaved. Good to hear that it all worked out!

OP
OP
S

Stuginski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear angel is back to normal. Bummer on the clownfish. No helpful ideas here.
Clownfish is swimming on the botton and in a little bit on it's side. Doesn't seems to have strenght in his swimming. He is refusing anything: flakes, pellets, brineshrimp, clams, mussles, shrimp, squid, fish roe :-((((. IDK I feel sth os wrong in my tank, some kind of disease but no signs other than appetite loss. The clownfish that died, start breathing fast two days before he is gone, i tried a FW bath but no results. It's Very frustrating try to battle with sth that you really don't know what is it.

Thks.

D.

Lswim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lswim, how are u?

Best regards

D.
Hey, good to know your regal has recovered. They rarely do. I had mine for two and half years and lost him after introducing new fish. I am not an expert on clown fish but can only suggest that as they got no scales they are more sensitive for any medications.Maybe a bit of water change will help here. Best wishes

OP
OP
S

Stuginski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, good to know your regal has recovered. They rarely do. I had mine for two and half years and lost him after introducing new fish. I am not an expert on clown fish but can only suggest that as they got no scales they are more sensitive for any medications.Maybe a bit of water change will help here. Best wishes
Thks, my clownfish still in the sump. He seems a little better (swimming normally) but still picking Just a little bit of food. Now Iam facing a big problem with my diamond goby :-( I Will post in another thread.

Best regards.

D.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back