Regal Angelfish stopped eating

acomps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a reagal angelfish that i've had for a year or so. Always eating everything I've thrown in there. It's tank mates are two puffers and a clown trigger. Recently after I added a few fish it stopped eating. There has been plently of food in there and it doesn't seem interested. I haven't noticed any aggression towards it however I did see which looks like a nipped fin. Anyway I am stumped. I did see white stringy poop coming out the other day. So is it possible I have an internal parasite? Currently I have the fish in a quarantine tank and it looks and seems perfectly healthy. Any suggestions?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a reagal angelfish that i've had for a year or so. Always eating everything I've thrown in there. It's tank mates are two puffers and a clown trigger. Recently after I added a few fish it stopped eating. There has been plently of food in there and it doesn't seem interested. I haven't noticed any aggression towards it however I did see which looks like a nipped fin. Anyway I am stumped. I did see white stringy poop coming out the other day. So is it possible I have an internal parasite? Currently I have the fish in a quarantine tank and it looks and seems perfectly healthy. Any suggestions?
That’s a serious issue, but no specific issue comes to mind…..
What fish did you add?
Is the quarantine tank stable?
Can you post a short video?
Jay

OP
OP
A

acomps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a serious issue, but no specific issue comes to mind…..
What fish did you add?
Is the quarantine tank stable?
Can you post a short video?
Jay
I added an emperator +blueface Juv angel (much smaller than the reagl) and a JUV niger trigger. Video coming

OP
OP
A

acomps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an emperator +blueface Juv angel (much smaller than the reagl) and a JUV niger trigger. Video coming
Sorry Jay my videos are never good. Again seems swimming normal to me. At this time I don't have medicine in there. Yes the QT tank is stable.

Attachments

• 20211114_100046.mp4
    116.9 KB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Jay my videos are never good. Again seems swimming normal to me. At this time I don't have medicine in there. Yes the QT tank is stable.

Sorry - the video is too pixelated to see any detail.

Here is a link to an article I wrote some time ago on chronic anorexia in fishes. Trouble is, this isn't chronic, it's acute - meaning it came on suddenly. I just don't have a cause for you though....maybe something in the article will strike a familiar chord with you?

Jay

OP
OP
A

acomps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Jay of course after you send me the article I ran up the the lfs and bought live brine shirimp and it ate that. The half clam from this morning is devoured too. I'll keep an eye out for it for a while before it goes back into my main tank. thanks again

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back