Regarding marine ich

gm875

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Just had a question regarding marine ich. I have a 29 gallon FOWLR. Just a month ago I added a blue chromis to tank which already had 2 clownfishes from before. A week or two later, I had an ich breakout which affected the blue chromis and one of the clownfishes, both didn’t survive. My question is regarding the single clownfish which I have right now. It never got affected by ich. I am thinking of setting up a completely new tank, If I was to introduce that clownfish into the new tank setup, would I risk infecting the new tank with the ich parasite? Any suggestions?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct. If it was ich on your other two fish the last clown could be harboring the parasite without symptoms and it would move to the new system.

OP
OP
G

gm875

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to completely cure it before moving it? I am thinking of adding another clownfish eventually, don’t want it to becoming infected too

detran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I'm sorry about your loss. Yes it is possible, there are several methods to treat, however you need a hospital tank in which to medicate. Please don't try any of the treatments on your DTs as this could crash or affect your bio or even render your substrate and live rock unusable. You need to leave your current DT tank, and the new one if you are going to use Live Rock, substrate, equipment, inverts and/or corals go fallow for at least 45 to 76 days. I also recommend reading this @Humblefish HumbleFish Treatments link. Best of luck with your fish and your tanks.

Ed

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back