Rehabbing my anenome. Please please help.

VegetasMistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a long tentacle anenome and he was doing extremely well. He was growing flourishing eating. Finally had planted. Well we got a yellow stripey (for those who don’t know they are notorious aiptasia eaters) and he was doing great and destroying all the aiptaisia. I would notice him picking at the LTA sometimes but nothing too crazy. I assumed LTA would sting to defend himself. AFter some tkme passed one day I woke up And LTA was closed up and TINY. About 1 inch each way. I assumed he was dead but gave It a few hours. I noticed the stripey aggressively attacking him. I moved him down to my sump. Over time he’s closing and opening with the light cycle and his trunk is full back to it’s normal size !!!! He’s big again. However it appears his tentacles are gone. Please don’t guilt me I’m new to saltwater and I didn’t realize a friendly fish like the stripey could do this much damage. My question is can he grow his tentacles back? I love this little guy :( thanks

OP
OP
V

VegetasMistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is now

Attachments

• 3A7E7B39-7B6C-41EC-9288-9B8DA1D7BBFF.jpeg
    3A7E7B39-7B6C-41EC-9288-9B8DA1D7BBFF.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
V

VegetasMistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know he doesn’t look great but he was about 1x1 inch in the sump for quite a few days. He still had some stick to him so I knew he was alive. This is his progress. Please help. Can he grow back tentacles?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back