Rehoming FULL GROWN blue eye kole tang - LFS says too big, so did everyone else... even me...

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw it a lil bit, it's reacting to the CBB... Shocked the CBB was as active as it was. Usually they go to the corner and hover when harassed by another fish.
It was happy and eating after 1 day, I had him eating 6-7 days, and 7th night top corner like u said next morning gonzo. Almost no warning. Really felt like I had gotten over the hump, but tang I think just couldn’t chill

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She’s almost three times the size of my yellow eye kole ! Mine chases one or two fish, but he grazes all day so he’s very busy. Still a pain sometimes.
Order was placed for a 2-3” blue eye kole tang. Think that would have solved a lot of problems. As you can see, algae is not a problem think I have maybe 2 snails and a hermit left for CUC

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It would be great in my 420 gallon tank. Only problem is I'm 9 hours away from you. Would your LFS possibly ship it for you?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was happy and eating after 1 day, I had him eating 6-7 days, and 7th night top corner like u said next morning gonzo. Almost no warning. Really felt like I had gotten over the hump, but tang I think just couldn’t chill
Sounds about my experiences... 3cbb's since 2015, no success. Also much the same with dwarf angels, they tend to croak within days or weeks. Never months.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t the problem your stocking options? I’m pretty sure those aren’t compatible fish and the issue isn’t the Tang but you trying to put two fish that shouldn’t be together.

Im confused did you already have the tang and then got the cbb ? If so there’s no way the tang wouldn’t harass a new cbb in their established territory.

It’s a living creature and it’s your responsibility to find it a new home. If an aquarium won’t take it, you’re going to have to take care of it and try posting every few months trying to find a new home.
Set up a new tank or if you really need a new fish, find something that’s compatible. It looks pretty compatible with all your other fish,

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great in my 420 gallon tank. Only problem is I'm 9 hours away from you. Would your LFS possibly ship it for you?
Is there any way to ship a fish that size? It was U-shaped in the bag and box when I received it, I’m pretty bad shape. Was a grayish color for about a month :( 9 hours N,E,S,W , family could take a trip if right direction, it is 18 degrees and it is horrible

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there any way to ship a fish that size? It was U-shaped in the bag and box when I received it, I’m pretty bad shape. Was a grayish color for about a month :( 9 hours N,E,S,W , family could take a trip if right direction, it is 18 degrees and it is horrible
9 hours east unfortunately. I'm in Northeast PA. Maybe a little bit warmer then where you're at. They can definitely ship a fish that size I received fish over 1' shipped that were A-okay.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t the problem your stocking options? I’m pretty sure those aren’t compatible fish and the issue isn’t the Tang but you trying to put two fish that shouldn’t be together.

Im confused did you already have the tang and then got the cbb ? If so there’s no way the tang wouldn’t harass a new cbb in their established territory.
Yes I am afraid this is what I tried. It is also correct, stocking list had errors, and in all good faith continuing forward I am trying to either remedy the situation by Rehoming or not repeat it by waiting until there is no more bullying in the fish submarine they call home. Thank you for the advice and attention to details it is something that needs to be seen by others I do agree

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9 hours east unfortunately. I'm in Northeast PA. Maybe a little bit warmer then where you're at. They can definitely ship a fish that size I received fish over 1' shipped that were A-okay.
I am going there tomorrow, I will ask, I have a good relationship with them. Almost convinced them today to sell me a reactor cartridge out of their dual reactor but they wouldnt.

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be driving home from school through PA. Ive got a 75 grow out in my house here in Oxford OH. If I drive through the town near you I could theoretically drop it off if the shipping thing does not work. I am only about 1 hr 45 from Indianapolis

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 7.27.30 PM.png

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will be driving home from school through PA. Ive got a 75 grow out in my house here in Oxford OH. If I drive through the town near you I could theoretically drop it off if the shipping thing does not work. I am only about 1 hr 45 from Indianapolis

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 7.27.30 PM.png
Wow that'd be great, if you're even going through PA I can meet you somewhere. Really appreciate the gesture.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back