Reliable fish source

forestsofkelp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,I am looking for a good fish source in the southern cal area….wrasses,tangs, anthias. I am on Orange County but am willing to drive to San Diego or LA

I am looking for prequarauntined/treated fish. Willing to pay DrReef prices.

I have been having trying since online with a reputable dealer but my survival rate is 50% and I am not very excited about that.

i don’t think it’s the tank. Me and another reefer both test it, and it gets an icp monthly. Nitrates are 1-2, SG is 1.026, pH 8.5, temp 77.5 rock solid, it all should be good.

Any local reccomedations? Thanks

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your acclimation process? I don’t know of any stores that really QT fish. I think the bigger issues are who they get their fish grim and how they care fo them while in their care. Captive bread fish should be healthier, however most stores keep them in the same systems with wild caught fish, exposing them to desires they have never been exposed to before.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your acclimation process? I don’t know of any stores that really QT fish. I think the bigger issues are who they get their fish grim and how they care fo them while in their care. Captive bread fish should be healthier, however most stores keep them in the same systems with wild caught fish, exposing them to desires they have never been exposed to before.
Sorry, I had to laugh at your typo. Those wild fish are surely giving the captive breds a whole new world of "desires". :p

nabedell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Age of Aquariums yesterday and they said they pre-quarantine all their fish. I don't know specifically what that means so you may want to inquire about their processes and if they'll suit your needs.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back