Remove chambers BioCube 32

SPLASH!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BioCube 32 with an overflow and Bashsea MANO sump. I want to remove the plastic wall that creates the rear chambers to open up the display. Any thoughts or recommendations on a good way to do that?

OP
OP
SPLASH!

SPLASH!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for responding. I think I will use that space for things I don’t want to put in the sump to keep my small sump uncluttered.

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be scared to make such a large change in the tank. The little extra space does not seem worth ruining an entire tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The wall is part of the overall tank structure. I realize your desire but would recommend a hang on back fuge or even a hang on overflow box with a u tube then you can utilize a sump

Careugh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you do it? And did you see a drop in the tanks stability?
The problem with this question is I’m not sure you would see a drop in the tanks stability. That is, until it shatters all over your floor. Without obvious bowing or cracks, there really isn’t a way to know how much force is on the glass and how much force the glass can handle.

Careugh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realistically I don’t think you are asking the right question. Of course it can be done. What your asking is if others have done the same successfully. Meaning you are not sure if you are willing to accept the consequences of the tank failing.

Due to the manufacturing processes of our society, even if someone else done it successfully there is no guarantee you doing it would yield the same results.

All I’m really saying is own your actions and be sure you are willing to accept yours cases cause and effect.

And after lol if you decide to do it. Please show us because I would love to see it.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking into the same thing with some Innovative Marine tanks I had lying around. People have done it and the results were awesome. Can't recall seeing a biocube though.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are thousands of biocube owners who have done exactly that with no issues.
As someone who works with glass everyday, the idea that removing that little plastic sheet will somehow compromise the integrity of the glass is just flat out unfounded

OP
OP
SPLASH!

SPLASH!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wall is part of the overall tank structure. I realize your desire but would recommend a hang on back fuge or even a hang on overflow box with a u tube then you can utilize a sump
I currently have an overflow box with a you tube into my sump. I was simply looking at the possibility of extending my display without compromising the integrity of the tank as I would leave the plastic rim on if I removed the wall.

OP
OP
SPLASH!

SPLASH!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realistically I don’t think you are asking the right question. Of course it can be done. What your asking is if others have done the same successfully. Meaning you are not sure if you are willing to accept the consequences of the tank failing.

Due to the manufacturing processes of our society, even if someone else done it successfully there is no guarantee you doing it would yield the same results.

All I’m really saying is own your actions and be sure you are willing to accept yours cases cause and effect.

And after lol if you decide to do it. Please show us because I would love to see it.
You are right. I am asking how it was done. If anyone could share their experiences I would appreciate it. If not that’s cool too. I will get around to it one day and post pics.

U

User1

View Badges
It isn't going to yield much space vs. the wall providing structure. What you can do though is remove the false bottoms in chamber 1 and chamber 2 giving you a bit more depth. You can use chamber 1 for rock or other rubble to increase your biological filter. Chamber 2 can be your refugium.

I'm not sure what sort of overflow you are using or what chamber it is in but you have three in the back. Most 29 gallon bio-cubes that are drilled use chamber 2 because there is more room for a bean style overflow box. Personally speaking having owned 2 29 gallon bio cubes I left the initial wall alone and only modified the chambers.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back