Remove my entry from the May 2020 Photo contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please remove my photo entry from the May 2020 Photo Contest. I will not participate in a contest that has people that lack integrity running the contest.

A moderator added a photo entry after the contest closed.
942201AD-A9E5-4D29-B458-30CC953A52F4.png

When I addressed this issue by reporting it. I was given this response by an unknown moderator.

77DA2B41-84F9-4A8D-9EAA-BEC003CD524D.jpeg

So Moderators can enter contests after they are closed. What stops them from grouping up and joint voting? Basically rigging the system. What other contests or give aways have been rigged by moderators? I’m appalled at this behavior.

Even if no moderator has ever rigged the contests, the behavior above opens the site up to question everything.

I will no longer participating in these contests as I have seen what I believe is questionable behavior on other contests as well.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because he can post to the thread after it's locked does not mean that we'll actually consider it when making the cut for final voting.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I really doubt that @joshporksandwic is trying to rig the system to win the contest. I am sorry that you are this upset about him posting his photo after the contest closed and that you feel that we might rig a fun little contest because of it (if he was trying to rig the contest I doubt he would have made it this obvious that it was posted after the entry period ended.) side note,Its actually a very easy mistake to make as a mod because you do not get a notification when you post in a locked thread that has been locked and lets face it, 99% of people don't read the previous post in a thread. If you still think this was an attempt to rig the contest and still would like your entry to be removed, let us know and we will remove it.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because he can post to the thread after it's locked does not mean that we'll actually consider it when making the cut for final voting.
Doesn’t matter, the other people that enter the contest and follow the rules see this and can see moderators manipulating things. It raises serious integrity issues.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t closing a thread disable posting?
Not for moderators, and it's actually pretty easy to miss the note it gives us if you're posting quickly.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t closing a thread disable posting?
For a normal member yes, but mods have the ability to post in locked threads. We sometimes do mistakenly because unless we check to see if its locked, we do not get a notification that we are posting in a locked thread.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t matter, the other people that enter the contest and follow the rules see this and can see moderators manipulating things. It raises serious integrity issues.
Manipulating things? Please explain. It's not as though we can edit post times/dates. It's pretty clear this post in question was past the clear deadline.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....if we were trying to rig the contest, there would be much more effective ways than posting a picture that is obviously after the deadline. Is this really that big of a deal? To be honest if a member reached out to me and told me that they missed the deadline by a few hours I would gladly add their photo to the entries, this really is not that serious of a contest.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He can’t enter after it’s closed trust me and he wasn’t trying to game the system.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Plus @joshporksandwic’s photos are crap!! Haha!

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I really doubt that @joshporksandwic is trying to rig the system to win the contest. I am sorry that you are this upset about him posting his photo after the contest closed and that you feel that we might rig a fun little contest because of it (if he was trying to rig the contest I doubt he would have made it this obvious that it was posted after the entry period ended.) side note,Its actually a very easy mistake to make as a mod because you do not get a notification when you post in a locked thread that has been locked and lets face it, 99% of people don't read the previous post in a thread. If you still think this was an attempt to rig the contest and still would like your entry to be removed, let us know and we will remove it.

Absolutely, I want my image removed. Integrity is more important to me than anything.

I’m not going to play fight the moderators on here. You will all gang up and attack just remove me from the contest.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely, I want my image removed. Integrity is more important to me than anything.

I’m not going to play fight the moderators on here. You will all gang up and attack just remove me from the contest.

Ok done.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey brother I didn't noticed voting had ended and I never win anyways because all the mods hate me. I'm sorry if this is upsetting you. I rarely post. Please do not be Upset again I'm sorry for this mishap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back