Remove some sort of anemone

Jkellar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just noticed some sort of anemone attached to the frag plug of a mushroom. I think it might be aiptasia but it is small and I'm not sure. I know you I shouldn't scrape it off in the tank because that will cause it to spread. I am wondering if I can just pull the frag plug out of the water pluck it off, rinse the plug in some saltwater and put it back in. Or are the spores it is going to release when I mess with it to tiny to be sure they don't end up back in the water.

I can also super glue it if needed but just picking it off is a bit easier as I won't have to worry about getting glue on the mushroom.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just noticed some sort of anemone attached to the frag plug of a mushroom. I think it might be aiptasia but it is small and I'm not sure. I know you I shouldn't scrape it off in the tank because that will cause it to spread. I am wondering if I can just pull the frag plug out of the water pluck it off, rinse the plug in some saltwater and put it back in. Or are the spores it is going to release when I mess with it to tiny to be sure they don't end up back in the water.

I can also super glue it if needed but just picking it off is a bit easier as I won't have to worry about getting glue on the mushroom.
If it is away from the flesh of the mushroom, removing the plug, and scraping up clean, then thin superglue should make sure it doesn't turn.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back