Removing hair algae from frage

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Zoa frag that has recently developed green hair algae on it and I have read that doing a hydrogen peroxide dip is a a good solution to get rid of it. I was just wondering if anyone could give their input on how to do this as I’ve never done it before and don’t want to stress my zoa out too much.
Thanks

image.jpg

Last edited:

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I peroxide dip zoas often. They seem to develop algae more often then other frags and do worse with having it in close proximity then other corals because of how they grow. I remove as much as I can manually and then give them a dip for about 20-40 seconds and use a brush to get any more that comes loose off rinse and let them settle. They are going to be ticked...They are going to slime...They are going to sulk a few days but they are going to better after they do get over themselves.

excellensephotos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep reading about peroxide. What most people don’t know is using 3% which is the one they sell at most stores isn’t going to do much. You need to use a 12% food grade peroxide to take care of that but it will burn your skin so you have to be careful. Use gloves and PPE.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back