removing yuma from glass

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yuma that was blown off of the rock it was attached to about 3 months ago. It's now stuck to the glass on the bottom of my tank in the back corner. Whats the best way to remove it from the glass without harming it?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jesse

I would try an ice cube on the outside and place it where the foot is......Other wise I might try a creditcard slowly pushed under the foot.....

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I could get an ice cube where the foot is. The foot is stuck to the bottom glass in the corner. The tank is bare bottom.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure can you see the foot from underneith the tank? Or is the bottom covered by a wood base of the stand? You could even try doing it with the ice in a bag rested right on the tissue of the foot.....Other wise the credit card would be your best bet......

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a credit card and it came loose right away. Now I just need to know how to reattach it to some rock. Do I use glue?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do this, take a fine net much like a fish net and wrap the yuma to a rock. Make it tight but not so tight that it will restrict it from expanding. Don't take it of untill it is attached.....

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a spot, put it on some coral rubble/coarse crushed coral where it doesn't get too much flow and let it attach to the rubble, then glue rubble to rock. I haven't tried wedding veil type covers in about 8 years, but I always had trouble with them for some reason (the mushrooms would always find a way out-too much current, I guess?).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back